Mountain lion kill close to home
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree405Likes

Thread: Mountain lion kill close to home

Member #
    Liked
    13864 times
    Never said anything about multi-story government housing - nice try strawman

Populations of apex predators rise and fall with the availability of food. When their oprey has a boom in population, so do they. When their prey numbers fall, so do theirs.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    They grow them big out here in Montana!Attachment 433735
    This cat was tracked and taken out after he killed cattle and horses in the area, it wasn’t for sport or for a trophy.
    BonitaBob likes this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives if they have ever made a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    60007 times
    Lions have been seen in Tucson & Phoenix (mostly @ night) the last few years. They are not afraid of humans, humans who don't hunt them aren't a threat & are much weaker than them. Since Comifornica outlawed hunting them attacks on humans increased. Figure it out.
    Bob K, BonitaBob, bearcat6 and 1 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby'sDad View Post
    Never said anything about multi-story government housing - nice try strawman

Populations of apex predators rise and fall with the availability of food. When their oprey has a boom in population, so do they. When their prey numbers fall, so do theirs.
    Who said "gubmint housing? Stuffing us into urban high density housing is the goal of the UN. Public transit, no personal vehicles. Agenda21, and 2030 are your reference reading.

When the food source for the predators goes down they lose their fear of man and go suburban for the easy food sources like, dogs, small dogs, domestic and feral kitties. Coyotes are all over Nashville. I have seen them squashed on the interstate within 1.5mi of the honky tonk district. Central Park in NYC has coyotes. How did they get there? They had to traverse bridges and high rise buildings.

Wolves are repopulating the East, with and without our help. Bears have moved into my area, they were gone for a very long time. The elk have been placed in Smokey Mountains National park. Yipee! We don't have enough problems with the ever growing whitetail populations committing suicide on our car and truck grilles. Elk are much larger.

Bigs cats are in TN, IN, IL, OH, and I am sure soon if not already PA and the rest of the North East.

Neighbor kid told me some of his friends were duck hunting in a boat. Feral hogs were swimming into the pond, or lake. They shot them at point blank range with steel bird shot in their heads. None died.
    Last edited by TN622; 01-08-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    Whammo sling shot with Vortex red dot, extra power rubber band, Multi-caliber

Member #
    Liked
    14601 times
    That's probably why they call it......birdshot!!!!! Bob
    Injunbro, BonitaBob and bearcat6 like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    43603 times
    Some here might need to re-calibrate their sarcasm detector.
    bearcat6 and BonitaBob like this.

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    That's probably why they call it......birdshot!!!!! Bob
    Probably all they had. They may have been too young to carry a handgun.
    Whammo sling shot with Vortex red dot, extra power rubber band, Multi-caliber

Member #
    Liked
    1944 times
    Just wait until they restrict access to remote areas because some idiot or his greedy family sue because there wasn't a sign posted at the parking area that said "enter at your own risk, things in here might eat you!"

Wish I was joking but I think it was last year that a family was killed, washed away in a flash flood while at a swimming hole. Of course it's a shame but instantly there was an uproar from all the usual sources that there should have been signs. How many signs and for how many potential eventualities do you put signs up for.

The back areas are amusing but not amusement parks enter at your own risk!

When I am out I hope to see wildlife. Most times they see or hear me at 50 yds or more and run off. Fine by me. I know the risks and I accept them
    bearcat6 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    43603 times

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    For those who live in rural settings please be careful, For all those who have kids. Please be careful.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Links