Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Cheap Ammo. Get it While you Can

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  SWCZSIG-Vinny 
#1 ·
I was in Walmart today. All the 9mm, 357 and .40 was gone. What was left was marked down drastically. Federal .380 was $7/50. I bought a 100 round box of Remington 230gr JHP for $25. They used to be about $50. Winchester, 130gr 38 specials were $17/100 and Remington 125gr SJHP was $15/100. I bought a box of Federal 158gr RNL at $9/50.
If they have it left, its basically half off the regular price or less

#2 ·
I stopped by the closest Walmart to my home this afternoon and asked the clerk if they had ammo on sale like other stores. His reply was, The Big Manager was holding out marking it down but that if he didn’t mark it down soon that he was going to get himself fired. I’m suspecting that The Big Manager is telling his Buddies’s about the upcoming sale before the sale actually is forced upon him.

#7 ·
It varies. In October & the first 2/3 of November the local Walmarts had some ammo on sale - as an example, 30-30 in the green/yellow Remington box was $9.95, compared to a normal of $15.95. Of course they soon sold out.

By the end of November the 30-30 had been restocked - and was back up to the normal price.

#8 ·
About 2 weeks ago there was still a lot of ammo. No calibers were sold out. Prices were not reduced as low as yesterday. I heard the dropped them on Monday. Anyways, 2 weeks ago they had 100 round packs of Federal 9mm for $15, brass or aluminum cases. I bought some aluminum cases for shooting in conditions where I can't recover brass. Also got a 100 rounds of Federal 223 for $25. I didn't look close but I don't think the premium self defense ammo was discounted very much. Will probably run down again before Christmas to get some things and will see what's left

Reactions: msharley
#9 ·
I got the last box of Tula .223 for $5; the last 2 boxes of Remington SD loads for $7 and a box of Win 147JHP for $10; otherwise, all 9, 38, 223 are gone. Still some .40 and 45

#12 ·
I had to buy a new ice chest this morning and took a look at the glass ammo case. I bought the last 38 Special, .44 Mag and left a single 50 ct. box of .357, while buying a 100 round box. The guy at the counter remarked that it's sad to see something go that they'll never sell again. All of this set me back $88 bucks!

Product Technology Material property Font Auto part

#13 ·
Like I said before my local Walmarts have never been good for gun owners. They never even had 22LR. Only one ever actually carried guns and it doesn't anymore. Lincoln like Omaha is a blue city in a red state.

#14 ·
At the first Walmart I went to I got one 40-round box of Tulammo 7.62x39 for $5 each, twenty 20-round boxes of Tulammo .223 for $2.50 a box and one 50 round box of 230gr 45ACP for $5.
At the second one I visited I got two more of the 40-round boxes of Tulammo 7.62x39 for $5 each and two more 50 round box of 230gr 45ACP for $5 apiece.
At the third, fourth, and fifth ones I visited I got ZIP.
At the sixth one I visited I got one more twenty 20-round box of Tulammo .223 for $2.50
That's all the Walmarts in my area, and they are all picked clean.

#17 ·
I've been using sgammo.com. They have a huge assortment and great everyday pricing.
For my 9mm Smiths, CZ's, SIG's I like S&B 124gr FMJ for $163/1000 case + $16 flat-rate shipping. I can usually squeeze in a couple more boxes of something else I want to just try and still get $16 shipping.

But sometimes Target Sports, Brownell's etc. have a special deal. Check ammoseek.com for best deals anywhere. -Vinny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.