Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Boriqua
  • 2 Post By PandRFan

Thread: 38+p and the 38 Body Guard

Member #
    Liked
    552 times

38+p and the 38 Body Guard

I am pretty sure I am going out tomorrow to pick up the S&W 38 Bodyguard. It will make a nice light gun for bicycling, walking and running. I was gong to load a few carry rounds using a coated LSWC with 4.5 Gr of HP38 which is a little snappy but ... I have three boxes of this

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785707524153

I notice that velocities on 38+p are kind of all over the place. Would you guys think that underwood is to hot for the little gun? I keeep that round in my 686 and gp100 as an in the house round since there is so little flash and the sound isnt terrible but .. not sure about a little plasitc aluminum gun.
    timcolr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4361 times
    If it a new one it should be ok. I had a M642-1 and I called S&W and they said it was fine. That was about 20 years ago.
    Jim
    timcolr and Boriqua like this.

Links