Heaven help me...
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Heaven help me...

...I REALLY want one of these.

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...67673168332313

Looks like no more Smiths for me this year. Gotta start saving...
    "You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas." Davy Crockett

Member #
    Liked
    118 times

Re: Heaven help me...

Looks like the Highway to Hell for you Cush...

Thought you learned your lesson last time....

".... Evil Flourishes When Good Men Do Nothing...."

Member #
    Liked
    8370 times

Cush,

I'm in similar "heat" for a Baer Monolith. OOOOH, I need it like my next breath!

Mike

My Oath, taken in 1973, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, stands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Gizamo

I'm always amazed by what they get for a tuned 1911. Guess the bells and whistles can be packaged and marketed to bring up the price.

But a basic 1911 with a well matched slide to frame rail fit, a fitted match bushing, a match barrel, polished feed ramp, full-length guide rod, and good sights...is going to be pretty much equal to a Wilson, Ed Brown, Baer,etc...in the average shooters hands.

Good luck and hope you get it. Be fun to shoot it with you...

Steve

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Go for it Cush!!

I'd take any of my Baers over pretty much any of the guns I own. I've had a Colt that was tuned at Wilson about 12 years ago but it can't compare to a gun that has been built from the ground up by one of the semi-custom places. The tolerances just are not the same.

I had a Springfield Mil-Spec that functioned great but I needed it better. It went to the SA custom shop and was worked over. It came back able to shoot much better but my Baer was still "tighter" for lack of a better word and I can shoot 'em better.

Oh, and I'd never get one with the full lenght guide rod. It's not how the gun was designed by J.M. Browning.

I promise not to tempt you with that 4" HP with box so you can save up the $ to get the Brown!!!

Give me a Scotch, I'm starving!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

In the age of wax casting, MIM parts and CNC machines, a hand fitted firearm of any type is considered by many to be excessively priced.

'They' are wrong, and such firearms, when touched by a Master, are worth every penny. I am blessed to own several rifles and sidearms in this category, and they are equal or superior to the much vaunted "pre-war" guns. Indeed, many pre-war guns were hand fitted.

Cush, I have handled and shot a couple 1911's from Mr Browns shop and, if you like I can bring my Baer Custom Carry to the next RNS... save your pennies... a 1911 of this quality is worth it.
    "Home is the sailor, home from the sea, and the hunter home from the hill." Robert Louis Stevenson 1850-1894

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Ed does good work, very accessible too. He helped me alot back on Pistolsmith.com.
    "Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas"
    Jeff Cooper

Links