Super 38 time
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Super 38 time

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Inherited this Colt Super 38 back in 1989. Finding ammo was a problem, which is what got me into reloading! I haven't had it out in a while, so I think it's time. Thanks for the reminder! <br> It was a military competition pistol with a match grade barrel. The frame is from 1948, the slide from sometime later on (but still old). It's shoots like a competition gun.
    <br>
    Great looking Supers out there for sure. The cartridge is nothing to sneeze at either. Underwood and others market a 124 gr at 1,350 fps, with 500 + ft. lbs of energy. and in an all steel full sized handgun, recoil is very manageable.

Long Live the Super 38!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    17954 times
    I buy my 38 super ammo from Midwayusa.com
    Leo918 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17954 times
    I got an E-mail yesterday from GOG saying they have the Colt Classic in stock 45 acp, (3 of them). I ordered one. I think the price of $725 for a Colt Government model much like the pre 70 series is hard to beat. After I ordered mine I went back to GOG too see how many were left and it said 0.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Sut
    Member #
    Liked
    381 times
    Hi, All;
    For the folks that like the mild recoil of the .38 super round, and its many good qualities, packed into a 1911 size pistol. You might like to try the .38 ACP cartridge. It came along a bit before the .38 super, has the exact physical dimensions as the .38 Super, and will function in the .38 Super pistol, with even milder recoil.

Sut
    Leo918 and Cliff like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links