• 2 Post By Oldgungeezer

Thread: Kimber Custom TLE II.......no more Limbers........yeah right

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    36819 times

Kimber Custom TLE II.......no more Limbers........yeah right

Well my friends, today was the most active I've been since the surgery.

I went to a local Harley swap meet just a coupla miles from my place (bought a pair of gauntlets for 5 Bucks)........then returned home to take care of some personal chores that will be with me for a few more months until my next surgery when several bodily functions get reattached. Next, Barbara and I went to the Mesa Gun Show where several cronies commented about my weight loss (went from 239 to 206 lbs) and new whiskers (the goat has grown up into the sideburns). Indeed, I remain a bit weak but I made it up & down every row..........told a few lies & laughed at a few jokes. Heck, I even made a coupla deals......

Name:  Kimber10mm_01.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  960.8 KB

Kimber 10mm Custom TLE II............did I mention that I like 1911's and have become very fond of the 10mm cartridge.

Yep, for some reason Kimber's just seem to find their way to my stable (most don't stay long though). I haven't shot this one yet (for obvious reasons), but I'm optimistic that it'll hang around for awhile.

Hope ya'll are having a good weekend,

Geeze
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    57776 times
    Good to hear you're back to getting around Bill! You might want to put off riding them Harleys of yours for a while though... Barbara must be taking good care of you. I could stand to lose a few pounds but don't want to follow your diet! As much as I dislike Kimbers (total lack of) Service Dept. they do make some very nice guns (might be a couple camped out in my safe).
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    60473 times
    Glad to hear you are back up and about. That does look like a nice Kimber and have to agree about the 10mm as I do like it. Look forward to a range report when you can.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18360 times
    Myself, I don't think I'll ever be 100% again but I'll settle for whatever I can get so long as it's north of the dirt.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2123 times
    1911 and 10mm are a great combination, I carry a Delta Elite, just in case one of those jackalopes decides to launch a fast charge. Oh, Kimbers are okay I guess...

Member #
    Liked
    6473 times
    Very nice! Kimbers are good looking 1911's.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6916 times
    Nice find!

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor

Member #
    Liked
    6852 times
    Kimber, 10mm and a 1911. Great pick up. Hope you get to enjoy it soon.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10209 times
    That's a great find Geeze. Here's my latest Kimber TLE with checkered front strap, upgraded grips and night sights. After sending all my other Kimbers down the road, I took this one in trade, sadly it's only a .45...
    Name:  Kimber TLE .45.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  1.48 MB
    Leo @ Death Valley - S&WCA #2364

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    36819 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo918 View Post
    That's a great find Geeze. Here's my latest Kimber TLE with checkered front strap, upgraded grips and night sights. After sending all my other Kimbers down the road, I took this one in trade, sadly it's only a .45...
    Name:  Kimber TLE .45.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  1.48 MB
    I recognize that Kimber..........I fondled it and attempted to make a trade deal for it at a gun show (remember?). "Sadly it's only a .45"..........???? Personally, I'm a .45 fan (both ACP & Colt).

Hope to see ya soon amigo.
    Leo918 and Injunbro like this.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Links