+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

more stories of my dad and me

This criminal activity took place back in about 1949. One nice summer morning my dad woke me up and asked if I wanted to go pigeon hunting, we had us some breakfast grabbed the shotguns and to my shock headed to downtown San Diego. Here we were shooting pigeons out of the windows of the car driving down Broadway.If my mom would have ever found out the things we done she would have shot him.

Member #
    Liked
    13013 times

Re: more stories of my dad and me

You sure we ain't related? You sound like you ought to be! My son just read this over my shoulder & I gotta go hide the ammo! Great stories keep them coming!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    423 times

Didja git eny???
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

willie

Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro
    You sure we ain't related? You sound like you ought to be! My son just read this over my shoulder & I gotta go hide the ammo! Great stories keep them coming!

I hope that non of my Cong friends read this! San Diego will not be safe to walk in if they find out that “Tree Chicken” season is open!

Willie

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I thought about doing that to seagulls back home in Corpus Christi. That city is absolutely infested with seagulls! Once while on a kindergarten field trip to the seawall, we were all eating out lunches and a seagull came and stole my PB&J from me, while I was taking a bite!
    If you would like a Bible (New Living Translation), PM me

Member #
    Liked
    423 times

There is a small sea food shack in Maine near Two Lights State Park (Camp Elizabeth I think???) If you sit there long enough in the summer, you will see the gulls steal lobsters right under the fork of tourists. Fuuuunnnnnyyyyyy!!!!!!

My mother had a lobster carcass taken from her basket once after she had just finished. Bet that was one disappointed gull!!

I woulda paid for a gull license back then, it woulda be fun to sit on the beach, toss out some bread, and plink away for an hour or so....
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

willie

Down south of here is a place called Bahia Conception, and one can walk about in the shallow water and feel the bottom with the toes and find clams. Lots of clams, filling a pail in 20 or 30 minutes. There are a lot of rocks that are near the water’s edge, and during the very low tides you do not want to be near them. Sea gulls will dig clams and take them 150 or so feet into the air and drop them on the rocks to crack them. Sometimes it sounds like a major hailstorm.

Willie

Member #
    Liked
    13013 times

You guys bring back the strangest memories! My Bubba-in-law taught me this fun game where you take a fish pole w/ a trout hook & put some bread on it then throw it up in the air & watch seagulls grab it. He said it was more fun to land a seagull than a fish. Worked real good until he got the idea to catch ducks on the pond that way & when he moved up to geese a wild Canadian goose beat the !@%^!@#$%^&*()_ out of him!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    488 times

Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro
    You guys bring back the strangest memories! My Bubba-in-law taught me this fun game where you take a fish pole w/ a trout hook & put some bread on it then throw it up in the air & watch seagulls grab it. He said it was more fun to land a seagull than a fish. Worked real good until he got the idea to catch ducks on the pond that way & when he moved up to geese a wild Canadian goose beat the !@%^!@#$%^&*()_ out of him!
    Some 40 years ago I met a an old guy who would take his revenge on the seagulls that disturbed his fishing and made a mess of everything. He would take a 2 heavy fish hooks and tie them 2 or 3 feet apart with strong monofiliment line. He would bait both hooks and toss it amongst the seagulls and watch as a couple seagulls got tied together. NOT a leagel or PC pastime.
    Jim

Firearms safety is no accident.
    S&WHF #242
    S&WCA #2059
    NRA Patron Life

Links