Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Remington???

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bob K 
#1 ·
I found out today, that Remington is going to make a 1911 R1 pistola. Anybody got more info? Bob

#3 ·
I saw and handled the Remington 1911 at the NRA convention. It was a nice looking pistol. I offered to take one out and wring it out for them but they didn't jump on my offer.

Ithaca also was showing a new 1911 pistol that they claimed had super tight tolerances. I liked the ithaca a little better but the price they quoted was in the $2000 range. I sure did like the Ithaca but that is a steep price. If they build it as well as the Model 37 I had for years, then it might be a keeper.

For now, I'll keep shooting my S&W 1911. I got one of the early production ones and it is still one of my best shooting production 1911's.

#5 ·
I saw one Friday at a high-priced shop that I pass by on a regular basis. Good thing is they have alot of guns in stock, and one can view them instead of looking at internet pics. It looked very nice to me, and was priced at $639.95, which I think is a bit high.
I did see something else that struck my fancy :lol: a Springield Ultra Compact Lightweight. This had a 3 inch barrel, 2 tone, night sights, alloy frame, wood panels. I've been lookin' for a 3 inch 1911, including the Smith Pro in 3 inch which they had also. I like the Springer much better. Feels great in my hand, points nice, looks great, and has a lifetime warranty. Didn't care for the "wobbly" trigger on the Smith, and just didn't "feel" all that good in my hands. The Springer was priced at over $1200 :shock: , but I know it can be had for less.

#6 ·
$639 is a high price for a 1911? Ahem.....where have you been? (Unless you're talking about something made in the Phillipines, as being better.) If you get one for under a thousand, you're doing good. The top models are $1500-$2000! Bob

#8 ·
Forester said:
635 is a bit high for an entry level gun as this Remington is trying to occupy. The RIA and Para models are both well below that.
Thank you Shaun, I just crawled out of my cave. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can buy about 200 or more 1911's for less than $1000.
RIA's and Springfields can be had for much less than $639.
Even Smith and Wessons can be had for not too much more
http://www.budspolicesupply.com/catalog ... cts_id/125

Having said all that, yes in my opinion, that Remington is a "bit high" considering what it is and the market it's attempting to attract.

#10 ·
Bob K said:
Sorry .....I'm pretty ignorant about 1911"s. I just look at the high end models.......and think....They're too expensive for me! Bob
No need to be sorry :) Btw, the reason I stated it was a bit high was because the store I saw it in is notorious for jacking up their prices.
The Remington was nicely finished, but I didn't really check out the "fit" part. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.