Smith And Wesson Forums banner

CZ-82 Range Report

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  txpete 
#1 ·
Picked up a CZ-82 at a local shop for a decent price. I've been eyeballing them for the last year or or so as a possible replacement for my Makarov. The finish on this one is in excellent shape with just one small chip in the enamel paint on the right side of the slide. Got her home and did a quick clean up of the pistol and dug out some 9x18 Makarov ammo from the closet and off to the range we went.

Set up at the range at 12 yards with a 8" paper plate for a target. Ran 50 rds of Barnual fmj though it without a hicup just to get a feel for the pistol. Excellent double action trigger and a very smooth single action made this an easy pistol to hit with. One big group just a little bit to the left of the center of the plate.

Tried to run some Cor Bon 95 grain jacketed hp which I was thinking would make a good carry load, but they wouldn't feed into the chamber without hanging up on the feed ramp. That surprized me as they will chamber and feed in my Makarov.

Finally , I ran two mags (24 rds) of Blazer 90 grain Gold Dot jacketed hp through this pistol. They worked great. Shot to point of aim and they will be my carry load.
All in all, this will be a great carry pistol for the dog days of summer when I am wearing just a t-shirt and shorts.

The only down side to this pistol is that it doesn't have a decocker. After you chamber a round you have to lower the hammer by pulling the trigger and carefully easing the hammer down. I can live with that and I think that this pistol will be seeing a lot more use just as soon as I can hunt down some more ammo. :D

These pistols are available now on the surplus market and are a bargin. I am glad that I finally was able to run one down. The barrel pinned to the frame makes for an accurate pistol. Like my H@K P-7 and my Makarov , the pinned barrel makes them shooters one and all.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just a short follow-up on my CZ-82. I have run 400 trouble free rounds through this pistol since picking it up. I tried out several different brands of ammo and they all worked except the Cor-bons. This pistol is now my every day carry in a Pro-Line IWB clip on holster. It is loaded with 12 rds of Silver Bear 94 gr hp. This ammo comes in the blue box , the cases are zinic plated and the bullets looks just like the Gold -dot brand. It will shoot the whole clip into one fist size hole from 12 yds every time if I do my part. I clip it on and forget about it. The only problem is that my Model 49 is mad at me for being left at home all the time now. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.