• 1 Post By Hammerdown

Thread: Located a North American Arms Guardian in .32 ACP Caliber

Member #
    The Great Smoky Mountains, Knoxville, Tennessee
    Liked
    584 times

Lightbulb Located a North American Arms Guardian in .32 ACP Caliber

Hello
    While at a recent gun show and sitting in on my Gun show buddies tables for him, I had some time to walk the show prior to it opening on Sunday Morning. I noticed one of the vendor's had a North American Arms semi auto pistol chambered in .32 ACP. It had replacement stocks on it made by Hogue and is made of stainless steel. North American Arm's is well known for their Tiny .22 caliber revolver's but came out with a small Pocket style Bottom Feeder called the Guardian in 1999. This one was certainly an early one as it's serial number was very low indicating to me it was a first year issue. The Frames of the Early Guardian's were made by Kahr and are of Top quality. I asked to see it and when he handed it to me I could not believe how Heavy it was for such a small Pocket Pistol. I am a sucker for anything .32 Caliber, but most of these that I have seen are chambered in .380 Caliber. The Vendor was complaining of how he had a very soft show this time, so after I Listened to him Whine a bit, I asked what was the bottom line on this Pistol. He told me he had the original box for it and that the previous owner placed the set of $60.00 Houge after market stocks on it. He said that he had it listed at $350.00 but if it would help the sale he could take $300.00 for it. I tossed out and offer of $275.00 and he shook his head but agreed to take the cash.

I got it home and took it to the range the following day to make sure I did Not buy something that May Jam if I may ever need it to Perform. It Promptly Burped out the Six rounds with No cycling issues, but I will tell you that during the firing of it, The forward portion of the trigger Guard Pounded my right index trigger finger making it sting. One thing I did see is that it was fairly decnt as far as accuracy went, But the Trigger Pull on this Gun is a whopping 16 Pounds. Since it has no safety built into it, and to Keep the Lawers Happy I guess North American Arms decided to Place a Mack Truck sring in this guns trigger pull. I suppose they worried about it being Pocket carried as you sure would not want to Blow your "JUNK" Off with an accidental discharge, but I find it's Trigger Pull Double of what it should be. I have not yet looked into what it would take to change the excessive trigger pull in this pistol, But rest assured I will change it out if there is a way to do it. All In All, The guns speaks volumes of quality and the fact that it carried a full Lifetime warranty is a Plus as well.....Has anyone else bought one of these, and have you changed Out the trigger spring ? Hammerdown
    N.R.A. Certified Range Officer
    N.R.A. Certified Handgun Instructor
    S&WCA #1682
    NRA Member

" Envy is the underlying Root of all Evil, and one of the worst of the Seven Deadly Sin's "

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    At one time I owned both the .32 and .380. Both were FLAWLESS with factory ammo. The .380 is a bit hard on the hand but a very solid gun. I left both stock.

Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcq1 View Post
    At one time I owned both the .32 and .380. Both were FLAWLESS with factory ammo. The .380 is a bit hard on the hand but a very solid gun. I left both stock.
    Hello kcq1
    Thanks for the response. I opened mine up yesterday. They are very simple to work on. I mostly Polished mine but I did Take Two coils off the hammer main spring and when I tested it once it was back together, it seemed to have much less trigger pull... Hammerdown
    S&WCA #1682
    NRA Member

" Envy is the underlying Root of all Evil, and one of the worst of the Seven Deadly Sin's "

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerdown View Post
    Hello kcq1
    Thanks for the response. I opened mine up yesterday. They are very simple to work on. I mostly Polished mine but I did Take Two coils off the hammer main spring and when I tested it once it was back together, it seemed to have much less trigger pull... Hammerdown
    Order an extra ( sorry I forgets name) rod that goes from the trigger to the hammer. I DID come close to breaking one o my .32, it was starting to kink, but it DID give me warning, and was only after 800-100 rounds.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3936 times
    When I saw the thread, I was going to ask if yours had the same effect on the trigger finger as my .380 did. You beat me to it! I traded mine for a Beretta Tomcat which my hand and trigger finger likes much better. The Guardian is a well made pistol though.

Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 19and41 View Post
    When I saw the thread, I was going to ask if yours had the same effect on the trigger finger as my .380 did. You beat me to it! I traded mine for a Beretta Tomcat which my hand and trigger finger likes much better. The Guardian is a well made pistol though.

Hello 19and41
    It does sting your index finger to fire it, But this is One Gun I hope that I never HAVE to use but if I do I suspect I will Not feel anything on that Index finger in the Heat of the Moment....
    19and41 likes this.
    S&WCA #1682
    NRA Member

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8348 times
    Sounds like a nice pocket pistol!
    I can not abide useless people.

The only way Obama can become a bigger idiot is by gaining weight.

Links