Smith And Wesson Forums banner

S&W Model 645 trigger

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mmitch 
#1 ·
I know that the 645 is reliable and accurate in the right hands, but in my experience the trigger pull is beyond terrible. Is there anybody out there who can clean it up?

#2 ·
Yes. Assuming they'll still work on them and I'm pretty sure they will, the Performance Center can do amazing action work on your gun. Those guys are very very good. You can improve things some by installing a spring kit too. You can do some judicious polishing inside, but I wouldn't mess with engagement surfaces unless you've been trained to do so.

#3 ·
surfman,

Welcome!

Has your 645 seen much usage? If not, it will smooth-out over time. If so, and it still feels gritty (?), you can strip it sufficiently to remove the trigger, Then, gently (not removing metal) polish the surfaces of the trigger bow and the channels, in which it travels. There is a tear-down picture series, hereabouts that deals with a 59. The 645 is not (as I recall) much different in the trigger mechanism.

I have performed this on a model 39 with good results.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.