Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Sigma sw9ve Trigger pull issues

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gearchecker 
#1 ·
hipnp I have 2 S&W 9mm pistols. I have a 669 and I love it (except when I get a slide cut).
But I also have a Sigma sw9ve and the trigger pull is very difficult to manage. It pulls back about 75 percent smooth as butter, then it has a really hard pull till it breaks and fires.

I took it to a gunsmith here and he said it is an inherent issue with the Sigma's. He said it's part of the safe firing system and can't be adjusted.
It's hard to believe that S&W would intentionally build a pistol with a pull as hard as this has.

The accuracy is okay as long as you are only shooting one shot at a time and adjust for the rise because of the pull. NOT!

Any ideas or suggestions

#2 ·
The trigger will smooth out with use. Smith and Wesson says the Sigma series can be dry fired with out harm. My daily carry 9GVE's trigger is much lighter and smoother than my wife's new 9VE with less than 100 rounds through it. Mine has about 1000 rounds through it.

Doc

#3 ·
That trigger, as already stated, will smooth out with extensive dry firing. It is the only safety on the weapon, and yes, it does stink. But, every single time you pull that trigger, it goes bang. There are spring kits available, but I would leave it alone, aside from dry firing the snot out of it, if you are using it as a defensive handgun. Mine eventually smoothed out. I did get rid of it because it was not a practical carry gun for me.

#4 ·
At this point it is only being used as a target pistol because of the trigger. Defense is my .45 acp.
I'll just work on the dry firing and see if it works itself out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.