Smith And Wesson Forums banner

S&w 22lr ctg mod 34-1

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  K22 
#1 ·
I inherited a 22LR CTG MOD 34-1 from my grandmother awhile back. Serial # is m49768. I'm very curious about when these were produced, and what they were purchased for. Not ever looking to sell it, but I guess I'd be curious about the value too. Anyone know where I can find out some history on this? Or happen to know yourselves? Thanks! Any info is appreciated.

#3 ·
The 34-1 was made for a 'Kit Gun' (to be carried in a kit such as a survival or camping kit). Years ago I carried one on my trapline, now one rides in my emergency/survival kit. They are very handy as snake shooters or for small game hunting & plinking. I carry a bigger gun for defense but there's usually a kit gun handy since it will fill 99% of my handgun needs. A lot of women owned them since they are small enough to be carried fairly easily & are accurate & dependable.

Reactions: riverrat
#5 ·
I am hoping to get mine this week. Will post a photo and range report when that happens. Can't wait.

#6 ·
I'm sure you'll love shooting it. I have had mine for around 5 years now, and it's a great little shooter.
Here are a couple photos of mine. It's really clean and in excellent condition, but the oil on the frame in the photos makes it look much worse that it is.
These are the photos form the original owner when he posted it for sale.

Regards,
Gregory

#7 ·
Model 34 has a nice history. Manufactured from 1953 until 1991. Be interesting to compare it to my wife's Model 317; the current "kit" gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.