+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Eotech red dot for Model 41

Please recommend me a great, high end Eotech red dot for Model 41? This is for target shooting matches.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    7922 times
    Depends on the distance you will be shooting. The 'dots' are different sizes and if you "Aim small, Miss small".
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    25-75 fts indoor range handgun. Will swap out to use it on AR-15 rifle for longer range also.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13387 times
    My advice for you is very simplistic.
    Buy 2 specific purpose scopes. One for the pistol and another for the rifle.
    Their really is no such thing as a multi-purpose scope. All scopes will be better suited for one use over the other. Don't sell yourself short.
    Pistol scope/sights are very specific to the purpose, with a wider field of view to cover some pereferal view.
    Rifle sights cover a narrower field of view so the bigger picture doesn't overpower your visual objective or visual senses.
    Most pistol scopes are only 1-2.5X. Rifle scopes are generally 4X and more powerful.

I'd stick with an EoTech for the rifle, but you really don't need such a high quality scope for the .22 cal pistol. A scope in the $150-$250 range in another brand will work for the pistol easily. An Aimpoint pistol sight should suffice.
    If you have the money to spare, by an EoTech for both of them.

The other problem with trying to use a single scope for both weapons is the POA/POI will be totally different for each weapon.
    If you adjust the scope for pistol accuracy at close distance as you've described, it won't be sighted in on the rifle when you switch it over. You'll spend so much time readjusting it every time you swap it out, you'll very quickly see the value in buying the 2nd scope. Save yourself the hassle and get one for each, designed for the specific use.
    If it has to be ET get a pistol scope and a rifle scope for each from the beginning. That's one set of purchases you won't regret.

Regards,
    Gearchecker
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the advice. Which ecotech red dot do you recommd for the S&W model 41 .22 pistol?

Links