+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

S&W 631 32 H&R mag

I just purchased at a gunshow, a 631 in 32 h&r mag. the product code on the box is 103664. The standard catalog for S&W says that there were only 190 of these made in 1990 with a 2" bbl and not engraved with "ladysmith". Is this true? any other info? thanks for your input.

Member #
    Liked
    2941 times

Re: S&W 631 32 H&R mag

If the S&W Cat. says it......it's got to be true! Does the Bible lie???
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    12504 times

It might make a valuable collectable some day, if you're into collectable's & can find someone else who also is to sell it to.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I have a 631 with 4" barrel and adjustable sights. It is one of the best trail guns available. I must confess that I mostly shoot .32 S&W Longs (my own cast 100 gr Keith bullets and reloads) for edible small game. I have carried it a good bit with my Beretta Silver Snipe O/U bird gun. It makes a dandy companion for those sitting bunnies and wounded grouse. I carry it cross draw so it doesn't interfere with the shotgun.

Dale53

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53
    I have a 631 with 4" barrel and adjustable sights. It is one of the best trail guns available. I must confess that I mostly shoot .32 S&W Longs (my own cast 100 gr Keith bullets and reloads) for edible small game. I have carried it a good bit with my Beretta Silver Snipe O/U bird gun. It makes a dandy companion for those sitting bunnies and wounded grouse. I carry it cross draw so it doesn't interfere with the shotgun.

Dale53
    Nice looking 631 Dale,
    I bought two when they came out, one came with the wooden stock, the other had the rubbermaid like yours. I foolishly gave one away to a friend, but will never part with the other.
    Olevern

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I would love to find a nice looking 631 for a reasonable price. I have a Model 63 and a 651. I think the 631 would complete the stainless kit gun set nicely.

David
    SWCA # 2392
    NRA Life Member

"Flames from one log leap to another: Fire kindles fire.
    A wise man learns from the minds of others; a fool prefers his own."

- Poems of the Vikings

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53

Dale53
    Dale, just wondering how S&W attached a blue front sight and ramp to a stainless barrel? Is that a custom setup? I personally sent my 63 to Clements for just this conversion because I couldn't see the stainless front sight.

Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface Was a Smith & Wesson."

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

My front sight is stainless with a red insert. The reason it appears to be black is I have used "sight black" on it.

Dale53

Gizamo

Always on the lookout for one of these. Being addicted to 32 H&R for my single actions....a 631 would make a great addition in a double action....

Definitely jealous.....

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I understand why the S&W 631 is not cataloged (not a high volume seller) but it saddens me that it is not available. It is a VERY useful revolver AND caliber for a small game hunter. Most any "woods bum" would find it VERY desirable (I certainly do)...

Dale53

Links