Another stop at the Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Another stop at the Gun Shop

Member #
    Liked
    9366 times

Another stop at the Gun Shop

I was out and about on Thursday and of course had to stop at the LGS. I checked out an M-442, and then spotted something I hadn't seen in the showcase before. It was a model -60 pro edition with a 3 inch barrel. I had the guy hand it to me for closer inspection a proceeded to touch her all over. I have heard many on here state that the 3 inch M-60 is a near perfect firearm, and after an extensive fondling session I might have to agree with that as best as I can shy of shooting the thing. The price was not to bad for a Pro edition with nice wood grips and a tritium insert in the front sight. They were asking $649.99. The only thing I didn't like was the way the under lug is machined at an angle at the end instead of being a full under lug. It looks like I will be on the search for a non pro version. Here is a picture of what I was looking at
    Name:  S&Wm60pro2.png
Views: 426
Size:  40.5 KBName:  s&wm60pro.png
Views: 379
Size:  64.0 KB

Member #
    Liked
    686 times
    Nice gun. Great price also. My cost on this gun is 600.00. Go for it.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    6260 times
    that's a nice revolver. I might have reached for my wallet. offer 600 if you want it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33032 times
    What could you possibly be waiting for? IMHO a 3" Model 60 is the ideal .357.
    Bob K and DocZeus like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    1116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy814 View Post
    I was out and about on Thursday and of course had to stop at the LGS. I checked out an M-442, and then spotted something I hadn't seen in the showcase before. It was a model -60 pro edition with a 3 inch barrel. I had the guy hand it to me for closer inspection a proceeded to touch her all over. I have heard many on here state that the 3 inch M-60 is a near perfect firearm, and after an extensive fondling session I might have to agree with that as best as I can shy of shooting the thing. The price was not to bad for a Pro edition with nice wood grips and a tritium insert in the front sight. They were asking $649.99. The only thing I didn't like was the way the under lug is machined at an angle at the end instead of being a full under lug. It looks like I will be on the search for a non pro version. Here is a picture of what I was looking at
    Name:  S&Wm60pro2.png
Views: 426
Size:  40.5 KBName:  s&wm60pro.png
Views: 379
Size:  64.0 KB
    Jeez, Jonesy, you got my "I want one" revving up!
    msharley, magspop and DocZeus like this.
    Robert

When does the perception of legality trump morality and ethics? ... Luis Miranda

Member #
    Liked
    1064 times
    A couple of months back the LGS here had the regular M60 3" for $625.00. I fondled it a few time but never made a move, basically because buying about 6 guns within a year is 5 more than my wife thinks I need. Now she's gone, the gun, not the wife, some other guy moved in and snatched her away. If the shop got the pro M60 in I think the temptation would be too much to overcome. Looked at it online and that is so sweet.
    Trebor, gearchecker, Dalan and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8213 times
    j,

That M-60 slab-side is a real beauty, and, as Rooster Cogburn would say, "Very easy on the eye!"

A note from my left temporal lobe, a personal shooting history folder marked "memorable":
    ...'You may wish to remember to approach "full-tilt-boogy-357-land", in a completely heads-up mode!!!'

(thirty8plusp)Mike
    scott and DocZeus like this.

My Oath, taken in 1973, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, stands.

Member #
    Liked
    9366 times
    The more I look at the pictures of this gun, the more I am getting over not caring for the angle on the under lug. I do like the flat barrel sides and looks of the wood grip. I may have to take a ride on Monday to ensure I remembered the price correctly. How are these 3 inch M-60's as far as recoil with magnum ammo? I have a 2.25 inch barreled SP101 and shooting magnums out of it is getting pretty close to my max recoil tolerance. The 3 inch M-60 is just a hair over 23 ounces according to the S&W web site.
    gearchecker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3281 times
    How are these 3 inch M-60's as far as recoil with magnum ammo?
    I have a 3" in another brand & magnums aren't too bad recoil wise. Not the kind of thing I prefer to shoot all day, even with rubber grips. But I don't think it'll be as bad as a 2½" .357.
    As for the M-60. I just couldn't get past the angled under lug. When I looked at the $650 price tag I decided to let it at lgs. Guess the other 'regulars' felt the same way, it's still there.
    Iggy and DocZeus like this.
    They can't make obummer king of the new world order until his disarms America
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    Pennsylvania Constitution; article 1 section 21
    Be Blessed, spud.308

Member #
    Liked
    9366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spud_.308 View Post
    I have a 3" in another brand & magnums aren't too bad recoil wise. Not the kind of thing I prefer to shoot all day, even with rubber grips. But I don't think it'll be as bad as a 2½" .357.
    As for the M-60. I just couldn't get past the angled under lug. When I looked at the $650 price tag I decided to let it at lgs. Guess the other 'regulars' felt the same way, it's still there.
    Yep, the angled under lug is the thing holding me back on this one. Everything else is about perfect.
    Iggy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links