+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: GunSmoke Smith & Wesson 38 special?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    620 times

GunSmoke Smith & Wesson 38 special?

What do you all think about this gun?

Has anyone ever tried it? and is it less kick back then my model 469? non revolver?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    i was pretty happy for them that they got the smith and wesson deal. I watched that last night and I've never tried it personally but in my opinion i think smith and wesson only said yes because it was on national tv. Thats just my thoughts though i could be wrong it could be a great gun!
    Derick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    alx40, according to the forum rules you are on a two week suspension for your comments to Derick. The rules are as stated below:

New Forum-wide Rule
    Ladies and gents,

For a long time, this forum has prided itself on being one of the friendliest, if not the friendliest, forum around. And for the most part we still are. However, the other mods and I have noticed a certain amount of rudeness and bickering has been going on. Maybe it's because of the influx of newer members and the forum has grown. Or maybe it's just that not everyone gets along with everyone else. Regardless, we've had some complaints lately about this and we've decided to institute a new program to deal with it.

Starting immediately, if someone (let's say person A) is rude or offensive, that person will receive a two week suspension. If someone else (let's say person B) in turn retaliates to person A, then person B will also get a two week suspension.

If person A or B does it again at a later time, that person will get a one month suspension. If it happens a third time, that person will be banned.

I wish we didn't have to have rules like this, I really do. But the fact of the matter is that just one person can, and does, ruin it for others. The vast majority of members will never have to worry about this new rule, and I hope it never has to be enforced. But the rudeness and bickering will no longer be dealt with by just closing a thread.
    Last edited by Hunter; 08-27-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Gallery of Guns sold a S&W 637 Pro model (I bought one) with a trigger job from the performance center. The only difference between Gunsmokes and that one is the bobbed hammer. I'm not sure why S&W did this. I like my 637 quite a bit and it is my daily carry.
    Derick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnW619 View Post
    i think smith and wesson only said yes because it was on national tv.

Maybe. Two cute girls were liking the revolver. Smith & Wesson got a lot of free advertising.

It may be me, but $760 sounds like a lot of money for a lock-style S&W .38 Special.

I have a 1970 Colt SA Buntline 9 1/2" that I paid $400 for (no detachable stock). That Buntline that they built for that guy was very nice but $5000?
    Derick likes this.
    S&W K-frames and N-frames and a few 1911 Colts

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13430 times
    There will always be the wannabees that will buy something just because it's different, on TV or recommended as good by a celebrity.
    In this case S&W see's a nes market simply by the following on American Guns.
    The revolver could be made of mud, and as long as two good looking women think it's cool, they'll add it to the lineup.
    S&W had to do little more than bob the hammer and do a minor Performance Center tweaking to it. They added a new laser etching as well.
    If they sell 1,000 of thease over the course of the next year or so it'll be considered a big success. Gaining sales and new customers by S&W is a very good thing in this current market. I think it was a smart decision by S&W.

Sons of Guns just did a show on modifying the KRISS VECTOR to add an integral suppressor. KRISS liked the mods so well they're going to add the integral suppressor mod as part of their custom lineup. So even SoG has made an impact in the firearms market. These shows have a dedicated group of watchers, and a certain number of them have the where with all to buy some of these products that have been created within the shows.

S&W just gained a fair bit of direct publicity that didn't cost them a dime. The customers that buy them will find out just how good these S&W revolvers are. Maybe we'll get some new members and shooters out of that show too. Then we'll know how much of an Impact the show had on S&W.
    Last edited by gearchecker; 08-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    drplvr likes this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3707 times
    The TV reality gun shows are not the "real" world but most watching TV don't know that. It seems Americans are very gullible and believe every extravagant claim and all the BS those shows put out.
    They are not doing the shooting hobbyists of this country any good.

Member #
    Liked
    4872 times
    I didn't see the show.

Which .38 special S&W model were they hawking?
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    Never heard of them.
    When I was young my Mother told me I could be anyone I wanted to be. Turns out the police call that 'Identity Theft.'

Member #
    Liked
    2734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    I didn't see the show.

Which .38 special S&W model were they hawking?
    Dawg,
    I honestly am not familiar with the current S&W revolvers. If I had to guess, I'd guess it was something like a Model 637 .38 Chiefs Special.

The red head girl was (supposedly) looking for a small revolver that she could keep in her purse for personal defense. Paige (the daughter that works there) sold her the $260 "upgrade".

Then Rich and his wife decide to go to the S&W factory to try to get them to make their modified S&W and place it in the S&W catalog. The management gives it an OK (what else are they going to say when two cameras are recording it for a gun-based TV show?).

Personally, I think it is a win-win for everyone:
    -The girl got a rare S&W that features her on a TV show (she got the prototype).
    -S&W can sell other revolvers to other people that just want a self defense gun.
    -The Wyatt family will likekly move some more metal out of their store. I wish all LGS's success.

Just saying. I will not be looking for one. I prefer the older .38 S&W revolvers.
    S&W K-frames and N-frames and a few 1911 Colts

Links