Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2ndchance

Thread: 910 drawbar and Crimson Trace lasergrip = FAIL

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

910 drawbar and Crimson Trace lasergrip = FAIL

Greetings.

Sure hate for my first post be be a "need help" but it is what it is. I recently purchased a Crimson Trace LG-359 lasergrip for my SW910. The web site shows that it fits, and it does... sorta. The grip is held in by slots. The front slots on each grip panel locks towards the front strap. The rear groove contact the frame where the drawbar rides. From what I can see, most 9mms (like the 5900 series), the drawbar is relieved at the back corners. The rear slots would have the clearance to attach to the frame. On my 910, the rear of the dragbar is squared. Once the grip is installed, it interferes with the dragbar, not allowing it to go all the way back. Essentially turning my 910 into a single action only because the trigger can't go far enough back to reset itself. Maybe this is the wrong mechanical reference, but that's the best I can come up with.

In any case, my first thought was to remove the drawbar and relieve the corners. There seems to be plenty of metal but am concerned with safety. The other option would be to replace it with another drawbar from another model, if it was compatible.

I've attached some pics, plus one I found on this site.

Any thoughts or directions I should be heading?
    Attached Images      

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    try emailing john at jeakin@airsafety.com - he has plenty of experience modifying ct laser grips for S&W gen 3 autos.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Name:  IMG_20140528_212959.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  2.41 MBI know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my experience.

I took my SW910 to my gunsmith. He looked over the whole gun and compared it to the Gen3. The draw bar is obviously oversized in the corners. He saw no reason to "not" just contour the draw bar. That's what he did. He contoured it to match the Gen3, taking off just enough to clear the grip... and it worked like a charm.

Cost was $25.00.
    Last edited by 2ndchance; 07-24-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added pic
    bruce likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1650 times
    Glad to read that the problem was resolved. Would be good if S&W and Crimson Trace would coordinate details in manufacturer of pistols/accessories. Happily, the cost of working everything out was minimal. All in all, it looks like you now have a good looking pistol fitted with a laser sight that will be effective in just about any/all circumstances. Now all you need to do is pick up some ammunition, take your pistol and head for the range for sighting in and practice! Sincerely. brucev.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
    "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."

Links