+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S&W mod.625-6

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

S&W mod.625-6

just got a used S&W mod.625-6 in .45 ACP the double action pull is good but the single action pull in way to light, what do I need to do to make the single action pull
    back to a heaver pull..?? I thing the past owner has worked on the pull.

Member #
    Liked
    6412 times
    Packrat,

I had a similar situation after respringing/stoning my model 28. I just put the original mainspring (not the original rebound spring, the original mainspring only) back into the gun. Problem was solved in my application.

Mike
    Last edited by mmitch; 11-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3178 times
    After you cock the revolver, if you push on the hammer without touching the trigger, does it release? The former owner may have stoned it too much. I would try Mike's suggestion of putting back the stock mainspring and Trigger Return Spring, also. Also check that the tension set screw (forget the correct name) in the front of the grip frame, to see if it's tight. It should be.

I'm not a gunsmith......but I've hung around here for quite a while. Hope I'm of some help. Bob

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

mod.625

O.K can't push the hammer down after it is cocked, removed the grips and it has a Jerry Miculek main spring in it{looks like the one in Brownells catalog} so I do not
    have the original spring....

Member #
    Liked
    6412 times
    pack,

Call the folks in Springfield and see if they will send you one. You might also try Numrich.

Mike

Member #
    Liked
    3178 times
    S&W will send you the current heavy mainspring that they use for prodution guns.....giving you a safe gun, with the current heavy trigger pull. You might be better off getting a lighter Wolff mainspring, to get a decent trigger pull. Just a thought. While your at it, get a few........ along with anything else you might be interested in. The shipping cost is the killer. I bought 4 Trigger Return Springs from them. The shipping was more then the springs!!! It wont cost you much more to ship a bunch of stuff. Bob

Links