Notifications when a member was quoted?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Notifications when a member was quoted?

Member #
    Liked
    27482 times
    I've been a member here for 5 years. A while back Tapatalk updated its features and added the notification for a quoted post. I kept wondering why I was getting these emails and commenced a search to shut them off. I didn't miss the feature before and I don't use it now due to filling up my inbox with meaningless notifications. Other members may feel differently. But, if y'all want to add features I prefer the one that lets you click on a picture in a folder on your computer, drag it to the text box and drop it into your post. That would be very useful and would cut down on the number of newbies asking how to post pictures, IMHO.

jeepnut likes this.
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    2471 times
    FWIW, I think it would be a good feature to have.
    Retirednsmilin likes this.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    On Glock Talk, there's an Alert heading upper right hand corner of the menu bar. If your post has been quoted or if a new posted has been posted after your's, a red number will appear indicating you have been quoted, etc. All you have to do is to click on the red alert number to bring up the thread you posted in. No problem or issues involved.

Joe

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35893 times
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd have to have a look for the plugin to see would it work with the site. First can I get a bit of input form the community if they think this is a good idea or not. If people like it, I can bring it to the mods and see what they think.

Niall

I belong to a couple other forums (non-shooting) that have a notice on the menu bar when I'm quoted & find it very helpful to follow threads. I chose not to have e-mail notifications since I get way too much as it is.
    Retirednsmilin and 1av8r like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiregrassguy View Post
    I've been a member here for 5 years. A while back Tapatalk updated its features and added the notification for a quoted post. I kept wondering why I was getting these emails and commenced a search to shut them off. I didn't miss the feature before and I don't use it now due to filling up my inbox with meaningless notifications. Other members may feel differently. But, if y'all want to add features I prefer the one that lets you click on a picture in a folder on your computer, drag it to the text box and drop it into your post. That would be very useful and would cut down on the number of newbies asking how to post pictures, IMHO.

Now! That is something I would vote for!!
    jeepnut likes this.
    Dave

"There are no strangers here. Just friends we haven't met yet!"

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Hey Dave,

As Guy mentioned previously, you can change your default thread subscription mode (within your general settings) to 'instantly, using email' so whenever someone posts and/or quotes you, you will get a notification. Keep in mind, this isn't just for quotes though. This feature is not only available on Tapatalk but you can use it on the full desktop version on your pc/laptop etc. If you're interested in trying it out, after you subscribed to any threads (that are not your own), go to Settings (top right corner) > General Settings (left side, under My Account) > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Give that a try and let us know if it achieves the desired results or if you'd still like us to look into getting a plugin just for quotation notifications. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
    Now! That is something I would vote for!!
    As for the drag and drop image plugin for easy image posting, we could definitely look into this. Are many others for or against this idea? Let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks for your suggestions and patience, guys!

Cheers,
    Natalie

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hey Dave,

As Guy mentioned previously, you can change your default thread subscription mode (within your general settings) to 'instantly, using email' so whenever someone posts and/or quotes you, you will get a notification. Keep in mind, this isn't just for quotes though. This feature is not only available on Tapatalk but you can use it on the full desktop version on your pc/laptop etc. If you're interested in trying it out, after you subscribed to any threads (that are not your own), go to Settings (top right corner) > General Settings (left side, under My Account) > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Give that a try and let us know if it achieves the desired results or if you'd still like us to look into getting a plugin just for quotation notifications. Thanks!

As for the drag and drop image plugin for easy image posting, we could definitely look into this. Are many others for or against this idea? Let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks for your suggestions and patience, guys!

Cheers,
    Natalie
    Thank you, Natalie

Subscribing to each and every thread I posted on would be a tremendous pain.
    it is so much easier to just look up and see WHO QUOTED YOU, click there and go down the list.

but....as much as I enjoyed it, I guess it ain't gonna happen, so I will continue to miss opportunities to answer people who asked me questions, or commented on any individual posts I made.
    That was the whole point of asking for this very nice feature.

Just like right now. I quoted you, Natalie, and with this feature, as soon as you logged on, you would know right away that I have replied to you specifically without having to do anything special.

Doing it the way you suggested would require me to subscribe to each and every thread I posted on just to see if anyone replied to me specifically.

The WHO QUOTED YOU feature is much easier to use.

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    Already we can look up and see if we've received a like or if we have a pm. I don't see any problem having it so we can look up to see if we've been quoted or another post has been posted in a tread you've posted in.

Joe

Member #
    Liked
    27482 times
    Jace, are you familiar with Quick Links/Subscribed Threads? This is a quick way to see if someone has posted in a thread you have posted in or quoted you.
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    I'm aware of it. I've always looked at my posts under my profile to see with anything new as been posted.

I have been getting by fine without any added options and can continue to do so.

I'm fine with the way it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links