+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: opinions on the taurus model 94 .22 caliber revolver

Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Exclamation opinions on the taurus model 94 .22 caliber revolver

Dear Smith and Wesson Forums, I would like to hear some opinions from my fellow forum members about the taurus model 94 .22 caliber revolver. sincerely mg357 a proud member of the Smith and Wesson Forums. p.s. the reason that i am asking for opinions on this specific revolver is because one of my favorite gun shops has one for sale for a reasonable price and im thinking about buying it

Member #
    Liked
    1329 times
    If the price is good and the revolver is in good shape, buy it. It will give you good results for single and double action shooting. It will also serve you well in a holster for field use. Pick up 50 rd. boxes of every brand of .22 LR ammo you can find. Shoot them as see which give the best results in the little Taurus. Buy all you can of the ammo and lot number that gives you best results. Buy the ammo that is second and third in results and use it for practice... if it is cheaper than the best ammo. Otherwise, just buy all the best ammo available. You will have some who will disparage your choice of revolver. Ignore them. Enjoy that little Taurus. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Honestly, time and again I've wanted to buy one. My experience with Taurus revolvers has been mixed, though, and - based on what I've seen written up on forums like this one - I don't want to have to risk dealing with Taurus customer service . . . so I've always stayed away. If you get one, I hope it works wonderfully for you and that you have a great time with it. I've just never been able to bring myself to buy one.

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    It's a TAURUS! You're on a S&W Forum. We all like quality revolvers........even if you have to pay a little more. Bob

Member #
    Liked
    7278 times
    My brother has one. I have shot it with more than a few brands/weights/velocity ammo. It goes 'bang' every time, the accuracy is worse than Barb's Ruger Standard Model semi-auto (with the worst performer of ammo). The trigger is ,,,, it goes 'bang' every time. I would buy one if it were cheap enough but, I would try to do something with the trigger.
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    It's a TAURUS! You're on a S&W Forum. We all like quality revolvers........even if you have to pay a little more. Bob
    Amen ! Save your money and get "The Best"------You are seldom sorry , that way. The same thing can not be said for a "cheap" purchase ; for the sake of being"cheap" in an attempt to stretch your money !

Member #
    Liked
    2770 times
    I own a .22 Model 94 in 2 inch, and 2 S&W Model 34's in .22. They all function 100% BUT the Taurus has a trigger that is so heave it can't be measured, so accuracy also suffers. For what it's worth I took a friend shooting yesterday and he had to use TWO fingers to pull the trigger it was so still. This isn't a isolated case for the 94 it is very common. You can TRY to lighten it but then you get light primer strikes.

If you are just looking for something to burn up ammo it will work for a man but accurate shooting, kids, or female shooters are out of the question.

Member #
    Liked
    10665 times
    I bought one once after looking unsucessfully for a S&W Model 63. I tried @ 3 or 4, one was terrible w/ an action so crummy I wasn't sure it would even go bang, one was loose & sloppy, one fairly tight; so I picked the one w/ the best action & tightest lockup. It functioned alright but nothing to brag about, accuracy was ok, the action was stiff & glitchy & got a lot worse when the muzzle was pointed up. Finally I found a new Model 63 & decided the M94 had no place in the safe next to my Model 63 (it wasn't like I wanted to shoot it anymore w/ good guns available) & beloved Model 34's so it got traded for something else. If the one you're looking @ is cheap enough it might serve you well but I'd look it over carefully first.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    I usually look for a cheap price .......on a good gun, like a a S&W or a Ruger. I won't own any cheap guns. Bob

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Had one and like others have said, it was fairly crummy at best. Trigger pull never did smooth out, it would go out of time, not very accurate. If you plan on shooting much with it, I think you'll regret your purchase.

Links