Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Ruger new bisley vaquero

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  LeMat 
#1 ·
I just bougth a Ruger Bisley Vaquero SS in 45 colt. It has not been to the range or fired as of yet but I have noticed that the cylinder stop is making a line on the cylinder all the way around the cylinder. Should this be happening????? I sent Ruger an e-mail and they responded, oh that's normal. I don't think it is.....................Help

#4 ·
Generally on a Ruger, the line appears right about half way between the cylinder stop notches as this is when the cylinder stop (or bolt if you will) pops up. I don't know about S&W's much, but the bolt on a Colt will usually not pop up until it's almost in the notch. I think this is where some folks get spoiled into thinking that there may be something wrong if they're getting a line.

I've had some that went all the way around. Sometimes it is caused when the loading gate is closed on an SA (or the cylinder/crane closed on a DA) and the cylinder is manually turned a bit to lockup.

Perfectly normal on a Ruger. Hence the term, Ruger Ring. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.