Marine With CCW Stops Man Beating Woman.....
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By FlaRon
  • 2 Post By georgepittenger
  • 2 Post By DocZeus
  • 2 Post By FlaRon

Thread: Marine With CCW Stops Man Beating Woman.....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15413 times

Thumbs up Marine With CCW Stops Man Beating Woman.....

RDLouks, swodski, BigRich and 2 others like this.
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Member #
    Liked
    20215 times
    Blackmore says police eventually showed up and had to force the suspect to the ground. They then asked to see Blackmore’s concealed carry permit.

EVENTUALLY ?

“I put my hands up turned around and said ‘you can grab it out of my wallet.’ Checked my permit, gave me my wallet back, and then interviewed me for their paperwork,” Blackmore said.

NO DUMMY

The West Allis police chief says these types of situations really are judgement calls for gun owners. While they don’t encourage this behavior, they appreciate citizens watching out for each other as long as they do it legally and are willing to accept the consequences

HE DON"T SOUND THAT APPRECIATIVE

Regards ,
    George
    FlaRon and swodski like this.
    First line of defense , my faithful Pit - don't mess with Mr. Kane !

Lovin' it here in N. Ga - I wasn't born here , but I got here as fast as I could .

Member #
    Liked
    7070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by georgepittenger View Post
    Blackmore says police eventually showed up and had to force the suspect to the ground. They then asked to see Blackmore’s concealed carry permit.

EVENTUALLY ?

“I put my hands up turned around and said ‘you can grab it out of my wallet.’ Checked my permit, gave me my wallet back, and then interviewed me for their paperwork,” Blackmore said.

NO DUMMY

The West Allis police chief says these types of situations really are judgement calls for gun owners. While they don’t encourage this behavior, they appreciate citizens watching out for each other as long as they do it legally and are willing to accept the consequences

HE DON"T SOUND THAT APPRECIATIVE

Regards ,
    George
    Ya beat me to the punch, George.....

I've NEVER understood why the Police make this same, tired statement......Anyone with ANY sense at all, knows that the Cops can't be everywhere, so why NOT have a licensed, armed person of good character, that happens to witness the event, stop a felonious assault, that would have most probably ended in serious physical injury or death for the victim? That IS the textbook definition of when the use of lethal force is justified, in almost EVERY state's laws concerning such matters.....

And just what "consequences" does the Chief allude to? THIS kind of attitude, is why many folks do NOT get involved when they see these types of crimes being committed, for fear THEY will get jammed-up with overzealous cops and prosecutors......

.....and I guess the attacker was "just getting his life turned around", too......What a Crock.

DocZeus
    AKA
    The "Tag 'Em And Bag 'Em" One......
    FlaRon and swodski like this.
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15413 times
    Police Chiefs are political appointees and go with the prevailing winds of the local government.

They want to protect their jobs.

Sad but true.
    swodski and DocZeus like this.
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Links