Closed Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By HonestAbe
  • 4 Post By Bob K
  • 2 Post By pendennis
  • 1 Post By celt

Thread: Try Senator Dianne Feinstein in a Federal Court For Treason To The Constitution

Member #
    Liked
    125 times

Exclamation Try Senator Dianne Feinstein in a Federal Court For Treason To The Constitution

34,000 Signatures already. We already met the required numbers but let's put more sigs in there to show we're serious.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ution/TVq4dXPg
    Derick and DocZeus like this.

Shield on Pre-Order!

Member #
    Liked
    3293 times
    Obama swore on the Bibles, that he would protect and defend the Constitution......the requirements of his job. He is trying to destroy it....particularly the 2nd Ammendment. Why isn't he being challenged? He's been the Pres. for 4 years.....Bob
    Injunbro, Derick, JST44Mag and 1 others like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Get over signing any petition which calls for the impeachment, criminal charges, or trial, of a sitting representative or senator. It's not going to happen.

Senators and Representatives have broad protection when it comes to their official actions. Introducing a bill to ban "assault weapons", or any other action is entirely permissible as a privilege of them holding office, and that privilege is sacrosanct.

There has to be OVERT proof that any elected representative or senator actually committed a treasonous offense. Examples would be selling documents to a foreign government, or acting as a paid agent of a foreign government. There has to be an investigation by the Department of Justice, and following would be an indictment by a Federal grand jury. Eric Holder is the Attorney General. What are the odds that he would spend a single cent on any liberal Democrat?

Senator Feinstein is also unimpeachable.

There has to be OVERT proof that an elected representative or senator actually committed an impeachable offense. Impeachable offenses have to be violations of one or more of the House and Senate rules. The House of Representatives must pass a resolution that impeaches (indicts) one of their own of a crime. That resolution must then be sent to the Senate, where a trial will be held. After hearing the evidence the Senate must vote, up or down, as to the guilt of the impeached. If the accused is convicted, then they are removed from office, and that's the extent of the impeachment.

There is no provision in the United States Constitution, implied or explicit, which allows for the popular recall of an elected Federal official. The U.S. Constitution trumps any state constitution, and to my knowledge, there are no means in place, in any state, to recall anyone other than local- or state-elected officers.

Whatever their political opinions, they're sacrosanct. And those political opinions are not impeachable offenses. They may be wildly unpopular, but Diane Feinstein was elected by the people of California, and no one else, in any state, can have her recalled. She is only vulnerable to recall in the case of a primary, or general election.

Courts have held, based on wording in the U.S. Constitution, that acts by senators and representatives in the course of their tenure are not subject to legal review, and that language engaged in on the floor of the House or Senate, is protected speech.

I understand, that many are just venting, and that's all right. But if you want to be effective, see this thread -

Here's How To Effect Political Change
    Last edited by pendennis; 01-23-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    RDLouks and celt like this.
    Best,
    Dennis

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. - Alexis de Tocqueville

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I'm more worried about them moving to remove term limit restrictions.....
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Wet Side of the Mountains - Washington State
    Liked
    3322 times
    It's my understanding that the threshold for acceptance of "petitions" on the White House joke line is 100,000 before they'll even pass it along to the next level of consideration: the unpaid officeboy.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne, "The Shootist"

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 U.S. Air Force

Member #
    Liked
    13621 times
    There was a petition to deport an idiot who was fired for being a lying POS in the UK... nothing happened. Nothing will happen here either.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    7059 times
    Agreed, Pendennis....It's all a bunch of windowdressing and venting.....Besides, it's on Da White Houz website.....

As for Feinschwein and Chucky Schumer, the way I "effect political change" when it comes to them, is the "mind over matter" principle....I don't mind, 'cause they SURE as hell DON'T MATTER.....They can take their federal legislation, and stick it where it'll fit best.....

Even W. agrees:

DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Links