+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Let's try something different. Please post some GOOD News here. Nothing about guns!

Member #
    Liked
    1837 times
    Gonna set up my reloading area this week and finally get started!
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"There is no proper amount of arranging rotten eggs that will make a GOOD omlet" ~ C.S. Lewis

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    11360 times
    Gregory ,
    They still had a perfect season, no matter how you look at it.

Denial is a wonderful thing ! Sorry for your loss .......

And to think , UGA had a chance tp beat 'Bama on the last play of the SEC title game .

Regards ,
    George
    gearchecker likes this.
    First line of defense , my faithful Pit - don't mess with Mr. Kane !

Lovin' it here in N. Ga - I wasn't born here , but I got here as fast as I could .

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    Well nothing much big here. Except for my post holiday waistband. Ya, seems all my pants have shrunk. The good news is that almost all the holiday cookies and candy is gone.
    But I know Mrs. spud has 5 or 6 dozen + a few bags of mini Snickers, 3 Musketeers & Milky Ways down in the freezer and they MUST be polished off by Easter.
    Not that this is bad news, but I'm kinda relegated to my Kel Tec PF9 as the only thing that'll go IWB.
    DocZeus and scott like this.
    They can't make obummer king of the new world order until his disarms America
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    Pennsylvania Constitution; article 1 section 21
    Be Blessed, spud.308

Member #
    Liked
    1650 times
    On Christmas Day we traveled to Boston, MA. That afternoon we had the joy of being together with both our daughters for the first time since last Christmas. Later in the week Hazel and I took the girls and my mother-in-law to dinner. The next day I took both the girls shopping. It was wonderful! We are trying to figure out how we can meet in NYC this summer for a few days. If it means couch surfing, whatever, I don't care!

While in Boston all of the family stayed at the home of my borther-in-law. Some of us slept on fold out couches or on pallets on the floor or air-mattress type beds. My wife and I had a nice little room in the basement w/ a regular bed, etc. Three times during that week a number of us took part in a sort of gym type program. I jog every day for about 4-5 miles. I have decent upper body strength. However, that stuff just about killed me! I simply am not used to throwing 25 lb. medicine balls around while lying on my back with my feet and head off the floor, etc. I was very impressed with what my younger daugher could do. She and her husband are in tremendous condition. They were a joy to watch.

This past Sunday I led services in two of the four churches I pastor. Apparently everyone really liked the way things were done in the first service. And as well they appreciated the sermon... "Getting Ahead of Being Behind." At the second church the order of worship was a bit different. I ended up with only 17 minutes for the sermon. So... I did a little prayerful editing. Very happily everyone well received that shorter version. Just a moment ago one of the men of the church called to tell me that a new family had been present in the service and that they were very interest in our church. Maybe the message helped draw them. I've always tried to make sure that my pulpit ministry addresses the Gospel to the actual needs of people.

Yesterday I went to the dentist to have a tooth capped. I broke the side off a lower molar in late November 2012. Insurance covered most of that issue. But at the same time the molar behind that tooth was found to have a crack, etc. I could not afford to fix it. So, the dentist did what he could to make it hold through to the new year when the insurance would again be available. Yesterday he did the work necessary to get that tooth capped. The drive home was 102 miles. It took me 2 1/2 hours simply because my jaw hurt like crazy. I drove very slow.

Somehow or other I took a wrong turn and ended up on a surface street behind a shopping center. I cut through the shopping center to get to the main road as saw a Wal-Mart. I went inside and walked around for about 5 minutes as it was to cold to walk around outside. In the sporting goods dept. I found a 15-22 for $470 and some WWB .38 Special Value Paks. Two of the WWB VP's when home with me. Several folks have told me the 15-22 was a good deal and that I should have got it. My wife has just a few moments ago told me if I can to drive back down and buy it. I may drive back for the 15-22. I've got to figure out if the price, etc. is worth it. When I got home I felt horrible. I drank some tomato soup w/ saltine crackers and went to bed.

Today... I can talk without pain. Excellent. My wife left me a biscuit to have with my morning coffee when I got up. She left me some wonderful bean soup in the refrigerator for lunch. And tonight she has told me we will have roast, potatoes, etc. for supper. Cool.
    Last edited by bruce; 01-08-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Dalan and georgepittenger like this.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
    "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."

Member #
    Liked
    1802 times
    Not sure if this CNN Distraction qualifies, but.....
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danc46 View Post
    Despite Obama thinking he is immortal, I am sure he will die someday. That is the good news. The bad news is it probably won't be soon.
    I hope they don't name an aircraft carrier after him! ! !
    Jeopardy quiz, "Was discharged from the Arizona, Dec 7, 1966"
    VFW - Lifer
    S&W Shield 9mm
    S&W K frame .38
    Sig P229 .40 - .357 - .22 conv.
    Walther PPK/s .380
    Browning Buckmark Plus .22
    Davis Derringer .38 (original Saturday nite special Mfg)
    Radom 9mm (1938)

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7782 times
    Continuing with the pet themes in the news:

Cat travels 190 miles home | Watch the video - Yahoo! News

I know many of us have pets and consider them to be family.
    I can not abide useless people.

The only way Obama can become a bigger idiot is by gaining weight.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12978 times
    I hope they don't name an aircraft carrier after him! ! !
    I hope they do and call it the USS TITANIC II
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    Ok Here is another nice and different update from me.

For about 4-6 months I've been talking to a buddy of mine about going to meet him. And hanging out with him, He agreed and I will be in Louisiana for 3 day's. We're going to be hunting Nutrient Rat for the first 2 day's. And then we will be cooking the rats on my trailer smoker. Oh yeah. This is going to be some good times for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    Nutria is almost a dead ringer handling wise for brisket. Take waders, carry a .22 or a small barrel shotgun... It's supposed to be 70 in Memphis tomorrow and it gets warmer in Louisiana the further down you go. If you get towards Slidell or points farther south make sure you have some summer gear... that is the northern tier of the tropics. I used to live on the Gulf Coast, drove a garbage truck St Tammany Parish.

There is a large warm wet coming in off the Gulf. The gators will be stirring...
    Derick and DocZeus like this.
    I am NOT totally useless... I make a great bad example.

Links