• 1 Post By Forester
  • 2 Post By Crazybastid83

Thread: Bank of America anti-2A Stance confirmed

Member #
    Wet Side of the Mountains - Washington State
    Liked
    3283 times

Exclamation Bank of America anti-2A Stance confirmed

Totally unbelieveable, but than perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Glad I support a smaller regional Bank. It's all computer linked nowadays anyway, right?

Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne, "The Shootist"

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 U.S. Air Force

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    East Valley, east of Phoenix, AZ. and Sometimes, New Mexico
    Liked
    5363 times
    Hello Everyone:

I find things like this quite interesting and an insightful reflection of our societies current attitudes:

Last I checked, Bank of America was a corporation (not a person). How can an entity have opinions and take a political or moral stand (position)? Indeed, BoA's BoD are people.......the BoA President is a person......as is the CEO.......and all of it's employees are "people". However, the BoA itself IS NOT a human being or a citizen of the United States of America.

Likewise, General Motors, Exon, Cox Cable, Walmart, Burger King.......or any other corporation (or company), including all the listings on Wall Street......are not citizens of the United States.

Additionally, the numerous Motor Vehicles Departments, Utilities Commissions, Securities Commissions........and all City, County, State & Federal bodies (agencies), are not human beings or Citizens of the USA.

These days, it seems that companies and agencies have not only "opinions", "positions" and "POLITICAL INFLUENCE".........yet, they're not humans, citizens nor do they have any voting power.

The truth be known, in far too many instances, these entities have more to say and superior influence than you or I ("people"). They have more political clout than "voters"..................this can't be right, yet it's supported.

Maybe, I'm just gone crazy.........but when did non humans (these entities), non citizens, non voters, get so much dang influence........and who gave them such power and authority?

It's a sad state and we humans/citizens/voters seem to be getting the shaft.

Regards All,

Geezer
    DocZeus likes this.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"..........George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I do not mean to come off as a shill for the BofA. But mob mentality is something I abhor, one only has to look at the mobs that didn't bother to consider all the facts about George Zimmerman and rushed to the conclusions they wanted instead of waiting to find out what really happened.

Until someone actually has some facts that demonstrate BofA has an official policy about this, I'm going to consider this the actions of one person out of the thousands that BofA employs.

Oh .. almost forgot. 10 seconds of searching the Internet found this article dated 4/12/2012. Of interest is this particular section that states:
    ... the US$250m third lien senior secured notes from FGI Operating Co (Freedom Group Inc). The eight-year non-call three issue is being led by BofA Merrill, Deutsche Bank and RBC joint books. Proceeds of the deal, which is expected to price in the afternoon, will be used to fund bond tender offers. Freedom Group makes guns and ammunition.
    My 'guess' is that business and the ability to make money are of more interest to BofA than our 2nd amendment rights. One way or the other.
    gearchecker and 1av8r like this.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2653 times
    The op link has info direct from the Macmillan group. Not hearsay, John. At least someone at the company does not want to do business with Macmillan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DocZeus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6412 times
    Also referenced in Grant Cunningham's blog, today.

Mike

Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester View Post
    The op link has info direct from the Macmillan group. Not hearsay, John. At least someone at the company does not want to do business with Macmillan.
    That's right. One person in BofA doesn't want to do business.

That doesn't make it BofA policy. Guns.com has an article about this now, and has several more examples of the many ways BofA still does business with companies in the gun or ammo business.

If people want to hate BofA, I have no problem with it. People can talk about how terrible big banks are and how awful it is they charge fees based on their own personal experience.

But when people start spreading misinformation around simply because they don't like BofA, they are acting no different than the hooded mobs yelling for Zimmerman to be killed in my opinion.

I'll agree that it's not misinformation to state that ONE business isn't getting a loan from BofA because of the things ONE person employed by them have said.

But I can't see where it's not misinformation to extend that claim and state it's official BofA policy, when no proof exists beyond this one example. And there are several other examples that refute it.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Member #
    Wet Side of the Mountains - Washington State
    Liked
    3283 times
    I didn't post this article to create a pissing contest. You're entitled to your opinion, BUT, remember, that's all it is. Your comparison to the Florida event is way off base. By what stretch of the imagination is the hang'em high mobs led by radical so-called ministers of God comparable to the BofA statement? I certainly don't see any frothing at the mouth mobs assaulting, marching and attacking innocent victims (assaults committed in "revenge" for Trevor excuse) of Bank of America.

Moderators, you have my permission to dump this thread in the trash can, because it's devolved to being nothing more.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne, "The Shootist"

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 U.S. Air Force

Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    And what makes anyone think that a local regional bank isn't capable of doing the same thing? That the president of the bank won't one day wake up and decide he doesn't want to loan money to a certain type of business anymore.

I'm sorry if the intent of the post was to stir up general discontent over BofA and I've somehow short circuited that. But there have been NUMEROUS articles all of the interent all trying to stir up general discontent over this ONE person doing ONE thing at ONE branch, and trying to blow it all out of proportion and make it into a 'big bad bank' thing.

Folks have every right to go ahead and get mad that the ONE person at BofA that made this decision. I'll agree that they made a bad decision. I'll even go so far as to say BofA should look into it further, and if this ONE person isn't following procedure, should be disciplined.

But that's about the end of the discussion.

The entire McMillan article needs to be thrown in the trash, because it just isn't newsworthy. They have decided to 'get even' and instead of going over the head of this person, as a responsible company would, they have chosen to make it public and try to trash an entire organization because of the actions of ONE person.

So yes .. I equate what McMillan and others are doing with the frothing at the mouth hooded gangs roaming around. They willfully distort the truth for their own means. I see no reason to respect McMillan any more than the gangs when they too choose to distort the truth publically and for their agenda.

Know the best part?? McMillian is a Phoenix company. Kinda makes me want to walk in there, plop down my BofA credit card, and see if they will turn down a sale. I notice they haven't posted anything on their business web site yet. Sounds like they are all bluster to me....

Nope .. just been to their site. Nothing there I would want to buy. All too expensive for my tastes.
    Last edited by JohnFox; 04-24-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1804 times
    We clearly have a case of "he said - she said".
    Bank of America's Response to the McMillan Firearms Claim - USA Carry

Member #
    Liked
    2994 times
    People are just putting the BOA article out there, they are not demanding that you close your account. Do what ever you want. If you want to bank with them, knock yourself out. I stopped banking with them due to their stance of supporting illegals.

snopes.com: Bank of America Credit Cards for Illegals
    Last edited by Crazybastid83; 04-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    RDLouks and WendyZXZ like this.
    "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away"
    Fidelis Ad Mortem

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Links