12536 times

Diversity Or Exclusivity? ABC Chooses

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1118 times
    Just the regular Hollyweird behavior:

Push the liberal platform while silencing ANY opposing view with prejudice.
    They can't have any conservatives exposing their nonsensical views now can they?
    People just might realize how idiotic the liberal agenda actually is.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5051 times
    I hate to see it go.
    When we watched the premiere episode years ago, my grown daughter said,"My god dad, he sounds exactly like you!".
    19and41 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5126 times
    Never watched the show. Never watch the shows that replace it. All in all, it is what it is, a programming decision. Throughout my lifetime the control of such decisions has been in the hands of liberals. Understandable. They own the business lock, stock and barrel. They generate the content. They handle the distribution. They stand or fall on the revenue produced. If everything were controlled by the right, one would not be surprised if similar programing decisions were made that to the left seemed wrong headed. Fox is a good example of what will have to be done, i.e., the right will have to compete. We cannot win by being good runners in a swimming competition. We have to compete with the left in the market place of ideas. Access to that marketplace is not in print. Winning will require a broader palate of subjects than merely politics or social concerns. It will have to engage a demographic that normally has no ear for the conservative social/political agenda. Failing that, we will lose. It's one thing to get on the field and play and lose. But right now, the right is not even on the field. Fox demonstrates that a network can be developed that will compete in terms of news, etc. It will take money to develop the programming that will attract the attention and support of those who are not being typically reached. But it can be done. AM radio was once dead air. Then talk radio breathed life into it. Now it is very effective. The left has yet to be so successful. It can be done in T.V., etc. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    19and41 likes this.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
    "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Funny. I watched the first season and liked it like I liked Home Improvement. But Home Improvement was never political. I think it was either at the end of season one or the start of season two that Last Man Standing became political. The Archie Bunkeresk Tim Allen character might have been a conservative but the wife and girls were NOT. And Allen's character was clearly (to me) dismissed as a doofus troglodyte. First time I ever went on to a network website (wasting my time) and voiced my dismay over the politics and wanted them to return to comedy. And I followed through with my comments to stop watching. And I never looked back including reruns.

I know I would have enjoyed a lot of it since I really liked Allen as the Tool Man. You know there has to be something going on when that show is on top of the ratings even without me and gets canceled. Used to be MONEY trumped (no pun intended) all and ratings equals money.

Tim Allen will bounce back with all of his millions so he gets the last laugh.
    19and41 likes this.

Links