Like Tree387Likes

Thread: LOST SIGHT OF....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1439 times

Question LOST SIGHT OF....

Has this Forum lost sight of its' main aims, which are firearms and specifically those of Smith & Wesson firearms?

Name:  lost_sight_by_marlequeen-d8xaoyf.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  106.7 KB

You could make that argument. For more than a year the Forum has gone past being tolerant of Political discussions to a Forum that is the hostage of a handful of members invested in partisan Politics. That is an easy argument to support. It is, on some days, disingenuous to call us a S&W Forum.

I can understand now why the Blue S&W Forum strictly bans political, religious and other contentious topics.

Am I alone in wanting to see our emphasis mostly or totally moderated in a way that limits but still allows those topics?

After all that handful of hostage takers can join a strictly partisan Political Forum elsewhere. There are plenty of those already.

Respectfully submitted,
    Trolley
    Last edited by Trolley; 03-18-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    a/k/a MrTrolleyguy

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    I don't have a problem if political discussions are restricted to their own forum, clearly identified as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob K, lawdog, G115BA and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7875 times
    Since these subjects are restricted to the Lounge and News Links sections of this Forum........you don't have to go there, if you so choose! However, I do like to read this stuff, sometimes. To me......It makes for a more 'well rounded' Forum, that keeps me informed about current affairs. If you don't want to discuss this.......then just read the other sections concerning S&W's and guns in general. It's still a 'free country', where you are free to make your own choices.......or go elsewhere! Don't make 'your own preferences' something that everyone else has to believe. Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    600 times
    I find the opinions of those "handful" of posters to be inline with my beliefs so, I don't have a problem.

Member #
    Liked
    4682 times
    I just don't read what I'm not interested in. as long as the forum is correct I have no issue with it.
    Speak softly, but carry a big Smith..

While the lion and the tiger may be stronger, the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.

Freedom isn't free. it's $15-$20 a mag

Member #
    Liked
    6787 times
    There's nothing I can add, Bob K said it best. This is the best forum IMHO. If you want to just talk guns go to the blue forum and live with there dictates. All topics are welcome here.
    gunjunkie, Injunbro, Gus54 and 6 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3725 times
    If I am not mistaken, we are in a very crucial time in our nation's history with it's destiny and future direction in question. We have dodged a bullet but the danger is still great. Denying that danger or ignoring it is one way of letting it grow and conquering.

Member #
    Liked
    9930 times
    The combination of gun talk, politics, humor and news of current events is what drew me to this forum and what keeps me coming back.
    When I get together with friends we talk about guns, our families, politics what's going on in the world and tell jokes. The same occurs on this forum which makes me feel like I am among friends.

Member #
    Liked
    12767 times
    I like it just the way it is. It helps knowing I'm not alone in my feelings. I belong to another gun forum which doesn't allow politics, etc. It's a very dull forum, I spend a lot more time here and I feel like I have made some good friends here.
    I'm Mr Bad Example, take a look at me.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15023 times
    OK. Let's go strictly to a firearms forum. No off gun topics or discussions!

BUT, we should include swords because they were kind of like pre-firearms. And some of them are pretty interesting.

And maybe a little bit about food because you can't shoot well on an empty stomach. So food posts should be allowed.

Then we HAVE to discuss politics, because all those elected officials wanting to take away the Second Ammendment rights should be identified and confronted.

Then there's pets, specifically dogs, because they are usually found close to gun owners. And their opinion should count. Besides, some of us like dogs more than humans.....

And if anyone is having a rough time of it, they should be able to reach out to a group of empathetic, like minded gun owners. We have some of the greatest therapists on the internet on this forum. It would be a shame to waste their talent!

Cars and trucks. They have to be included because how else are you going to get to the range to shoot?

That probably narrows it down to jokes and humor. Since this forum addresses serious topics, all that laughing can only act as a distraction. Yep, we should eliminate any and all posts that are humor-centric! But then George wouldn't have much to post......

(Just funning with you Trolley!)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links