LOST SIGHT OF....
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: LOST SIGHT OF....

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    I like the variety, depth (yeah sometimes thats a laugh), usually good detail, OPENNESS, you can bark or rant at about anything
    just keep it civil. And you already knew most here were "deplorable's" anyway, so Forum Hijackers . . . . . yeah i guess you can throw that
    in there too. Not that it will get great attention, being a "deplorable" is like a gold star on your forehead!

And If your diet yearns for more S&W substance. Okay, put your author pants on and start spinnin the yarns, or quoting the facts.
    The deplorables will do as usual, hit the like button, add to, or challenge. JMHO

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1771 times
    Okay fellows, I have been barking up the wrong tree again.

Wiregrassguy was correct, it is true that my first stop on the Forum is always 'new post' and that is where i notice all the lounge postings. Case solved.

Still in all the conversation has been interesting.
    Last edited by Trolley; 03-19-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    It is better to be sad you had to use your gun than to be room temperature.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5813 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
    Fair question. I was here before the pw changes. I was using the username MrTrolleyguy.
    My apologies, Trolley.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Northern CA - SF East Bay and/or Springfield, OR
    Liked
    3938 times
    Many long lived gun forum begins to suffer "posting fatigue" and the condition is not limited to just this forum. After awhile, there's only so much that can be asked/covered about S&W's that hasn't been done before, repeatedly.

As a long time member, sometimes it's difficult to not get tired of it, and frustrated at seeing the same types of gun posts... but, that's going to be the nature of the beast due to the varying levels of experience.

There's bound to be certain questions/topic that are going to always be seen ad nauseam, so I remind myself that I was once a newbie too and I need to chill out. I also say to myself, so if "you're tired of the kinds of topics you're seeing, why don't you (me) do something to help generate the kind of discussions you want to see by posting a question/comment on topic?" I then say to myself, good question... and then get into a bit of a quandary about what to post... some have the gift of gab, but not me.

This is a great forum, as others have said, its hallmark is the wide ranging latitude given to it's members, treating us like the adults that we are, instead of inmates... step out of line and it's "solitary" for you.

As a long time member of the "Blue Fourm" back to the "Parabellum" (former owner) days, discussions like this when the ownership switch took place, led to some of the regimentation that people here hold in distain... don't wish to see that same kind of "control" creeping over here.

On a California gun forum I belong to, they ended up creating a "political" sub-forum to talk about 2A issues. It's divided up into 2A litigation matters (lawsuit progress reports), activism (fighting new proposed laws or ones recently enacted), and CA gun law/2A compliance questions (is it ok to do such and such) ... it's working well to "un-pollute" the other sub-sections, so the sub-forum idea does have merit.
    Last edited by gunhacker; 03-19-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Conrad

NRA Endowment Member
    S&WCA #1830
    S&WHF #222
    Hopeless lifetime S&W Junkie
    Chronic "Marlinitis" sufferer

Political correctness: The doctrine fostered by the delusional liberals or the naïve, which attempts to promote the ideology that a turd is something that can be picked up and safely handled from the clean end.

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Kind of a new member here. I have mixed emotions about the political and personal hate I see here from time to time. I do wish some folks would tone it down, some. Yet, as others have suggested this is the "open Lounge" area of the forum, so I don't have to open the link.

I would though like to see more Smith and Wesson information shared in the proper portion of the forum.
    Oldgungeezer and Trolley like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Thinking back, I believe this forum was started because many were tired of the over moderated blue one.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by g17 View Post
    Thinking back, I believe this forum was started because many were tired of the over moderated blue one.
    It flourishes for the same reason.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5117 times
    It ain't broke so...don't fix it.
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"If You Can't Move Mountains, Sweep Pebbles...Do Something For Jesus Today!"

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gearchecker View Post
    The best part of this forum is the open policy for most discussions. I think we are just one of a very small number of forums across the internet that even allow discussion of topics not related to the forums main intent. I only know of 2 other gun forums that allow any political or religious discussion at all, and all 3 are great forums overall. Diversity is what keeps most of us here, and it also separates this forum from all the others.
    There isn't much that's not tolerated. The conspiracy theories, and intolerance of others religions and political beliefs are where the line gets drawn.
    Many of us, including me have been warned of stepping over the line, and so we pull it back to remain here.
    Like Bob said, if you don't want to read it, don't go there. If you read something you don't like, or disagree with, either comment in dissention, or go back to reading the posts and threads you do like.
    As for me, I like it just the way it is, and I don't want to see the forum structure change.
    I totally agree with Gregory and Snake on this one...keep it as it is. I believe that this is the best site out there..that's why I've been here for the past 6 years. Don't change a thing.
    Be safe my friends and God bless. Dick
    IGNORANCE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMMODITY THAT YOU CAN OWN

Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    I have to admit that on occasion, with only 5-10 minutes of spare time, I have logged on to read George's jokes.
    I carry a firearm not a cell phone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links