Why are we still in Afghanistan? A serious question.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Why are we still in Afghanistan? A serious question.

Member #
    Liked
    5172 times
    Hey ,

All of you go to the head of the class.

First is money. Afghanistan has huge supplies of LITHIUM! Anyone hear of lithium batteries?

Second. OPIUM! A very LUCRATIVE CASH CROP! (the poppy).

Read recently that BIG PHARMA is expecting to make over $5 BILLION.............on OIC! Don't know what OIC is? Opium induced constipation.

BIG PHARMA issues about 150 million prescriptions for "opiates" in the United States annually (care to guess where some portion of the opium comes from?).

Now, BIG PHARMA is going to cash in on a prescription for OIC DRUGS!

Are American SOLDIERS, being maimed, mutilated and killed for no reason? Nope. They are being "used up" to line the pockets of BIG MONEY and the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX! (most of whom are "inter-married", aka "kin folk")

OUTRAGEOUS, you say? Get you a copy of FORTUNE 500 or FORBES. Take a look at the top 500 firms. Then take a look at the "boards" of those firms.
    You will see, that there are only 200 "professional board members" sitting on those "boards". Now you will need to look up a "fluff" site. This one is married to that one's sister...........etc.

Same with the Iran/Iraq/Kuwait.........(will let you research that for your selves, you will be mad at me if I tell you that a former VP of the US walked off with ONE TRILLION DOLLARS.........unless you look it up your own self)

Will give you a head start. GULF OIL has the EXCLUSIVE OIL LEASE for KUWAIT. (you figure out just who owns GULF/MARATHON OIL) You will be sick.

Later, Mark
    combat and DHENRY like this.
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E. Lee

Marlinitis Symptoms: More daily.

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.........

Member #
    Liked
    6267 times
    I have no clue why. I googled it and found 10,000 troops in 4 Garrisons in Afghanistan.

What about NATO? It seems that we have more troops in Japan and Germany (as an example): It's 38,000 and 34,000.

All here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ry_deployments

I am with President Trump. He wants a strong military. I'll pay more taxes to support our Country if I have to. Yet, the democrats in the federal bureaucracy keep blocking his team and sending out fake news in order to keep the old swamp alive.

My best advice is from President Reagan:
    "Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong".

I think President Trump would agree with him.
    DHENRY likes this.
    S&W pinned revolvers, a couple of Colt 1911's, and a few old cars

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    Basing decisions on movies is niave at best.

There's a story that during the British occupation a box of Afghany dirt was circulated around the world. Everywhere that dirt went became a place were evil flourished and wars began.
    "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" - Jesus
    "Don't Tread on Me" - The 1775 Gadsden Flag
    "No Stronger Retrograde Force Exists in the World" - Winston Churchill re:Islam

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1151 times
    "War is a racket." -- Highly decorated WWI Marine Gen. Smedley Butler
    Injunbro and msharley like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1151 times
    DELETE
    Last edited by JCosta; 02-16-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    georgepittenger and msharley like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    "We have not had a good exit strategy since WW2." Actually,Reagan showed how it's done in Libya: send in the planes, bomb the military & leaders properties to smithereens & go home. No ground troops, no occupation forces - just show them we could send them back to the stone age if they don't straighten up & leave us alone.
    'Bro, from your statement, I'm hearing "swing a BIG DAMN STICK, knock it out of the park and head back to the dugout". That's how I feel. And the world should look on in shock and awe and think "let's never piss off the USA"
    DHENRY and Injunbro like this.
    I carry a firearm not a cell phone.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6248 times
    We don't need no conspiracy here... We got the "Military Industrial Complex"... Listen to Eisenhower...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...strial_complex
    DHENRY likes this.
    Cheers!

Marc

ut facile, Usurpate tamen!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor

Member #
    Liked
    681 times
    Speaking of opium production in Afghanistan... a trip down memory lane.

Maybe some of you remember the PSA TV ads Bush ran soon after 911.
    The message was that average Joe Americans who purchased drugs were helping to support terrorism-- linking money from the global drug trade supporting terrorism.

Now... the reality check.

Just prior to 911 Coiln Powell and Bush had put together a huge aid package for Afghanistan in large part because the Taliban had irradiated poppy cultivation. Here are Colin Powell's words. ''We will continue to look for ways to provide more assistance to the Afghans,'' he said in a statement, ''including those farmers who have felt the impact of the ban on poppy cultivation, a decision by the Taliban that we welcome.''

Months later Bush becomes the best friend of drug traffickers. When we in Invaded Afghanistan Bush looked the other way and allowed poppy production to soar to record levels flooding the world with cheap heroin. This was done to keep the farmers and others involved in poppy production from causing trouble with our troops and to help the Afghan economy.

By Bush's own definitions, Bush was one of the largest state sponsors of terror in regard to the drug trade supporting terrorism while he was lecturing everyone else in his government PSA ads.

It is this level of incompetence, hypocrisy and disgrace that we find ourselves still in Afghanistan.

Take a look at what the Taliban had done just prior to our invasion (2001) irradiation. Then see the purposeful Bush global flood of heroin.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 02-17-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    combat and mrerick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2918 times
    This country needs to stop thinking it can be the policeman of the world.
    take care of your own house and when that happens then your can worry about someone else, there is way too much that needs fixing first.
    We are supposed to be the most civilized country in the world and we are killing ourselves with violence and poverty, yet we will turn our backs on our own people and try to save countries that hate us just to appease our feel good politicians.
    JMO....
    DHENRY, Injunbro and swodski like this.
    everyone brings happiness, some by staying and some by leaving...

And As You Slide Down that Banister of Life You Should Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...

Bob.

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Pull the plug and leave it to them. The end result will be the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links