+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Please take the time...

Member #
    Liked
    6040 times

Please take the time...

To read and contribute to this, already long, effort. Once I consider it complete, I intend to put it before every elected individual that has sway over my life.

Thank-You,
    Mike

WHAT I WANT

I want term limits for elected officials. No more than two terms per elected position.

I want the elected official pension, based, solely on elected service, eliminated. Pensions can be determined based all payments made into Social Security.
    I want Social Security to stop being raided by politicians looking for more money to support their boondoggle and pork projects. That, when allowed to occur, is stealing.

I want all subsidies to cease. Let the private sector support individual interests. If the cowboy poets need money for their festival, let those interested in cowboy poetry support the festival.

I want any elected official to have, as a requirement to hold office, a record of serving in the military, or serving in local state or federal government in a paid/salaried position (non-elected), or have a work history of accomplishment in the private sector.

I want every elected position to have, as a requirement, that the person running for elected office, must have been born an American citizen.

I want every candidate for any elected position to have to undergo, and pass, a background check similar to that for any gun purchase.

I want screening for mental defect implemented for all citizens who have reached their majority. Those proven deficient will have certain rights proscribed.

I want every child to have a public, private, or home-schooled education with equivalent to a 12th grade diploma, to be mandatory, with proficiency testing at prescribed-age intervals. Parents will be responsible for this requirement.

I want welfare for all who are mentally and physically able to work to cease. No work, no eat.

I want those who cannot legitimately find work, to be hired by local, state, or federal government to repair and perform upkeep on our old and failing infrastructure at appropriate levels.

I want all illegal aliens to be interred and, for food and a bed, to build, under strict supervision, a suitable boundary fence and wall on the North and South borders of the United States. They will then be expelled to their home country.

I want criminals convicted of capital crimes to have the opportunity of a maximum of two appeals within a five year span after initial conviction. If, ultimately, found guilty, they will be punished by treatment resembling the crime they committed against their victims. There will be no “life” sentences for those criminals. They will be punished in the individually prescribed manner. If they survive that punishment, they will be paroled with strictly supervised requirements. They will be responsible for restitution to their victims.

I want prisoners to enjoy no perks. They will be housed and fed at a minimal cost to society. They will be paroled as dictated. There will be no entertainment, or other “idle” opportunities. Educational/vocational opportunities will be afforded with the expectation of achievement. All time served will be “hard” time. Incarceration will be an experience that is not to be wished for and very difficult to endure. Chain gangs will be re-instituted.

I want welfare for those who breed as-a-business, in order to secure more and more welfare, to cease. Those welfare recipients who have children and do not contribute to society will undergo compulsory sterilization.

I want rapists and child molesters to be euthanized to eliminate their genes from the pool.

I want sedition, treason, and/or tyranny to be punished by long terms at hard labor.

I want The Constitution and The Bill of Rights to be the absolute law of the land. The tenets, there-in, will be followed and adhered to, with any changes duly applied through convention. Those elected will follow the law, as strict Constitutionalists.

I want aid to foreign countries that have proven to be enemies of the U.S.A. to cease. We will not bankroll our enemies.

I want any attack on our country, whether physical or cyber to be met with appropriate response, in kind.

I want our country to cease any “nation building,” spending those resources, instead, on our own domestic challenges.

I want the method of taxation to change. There will be. Instead, a “fair-tax/flat-rate tax” imposed, and it’s provision will be easily understood by citizens with average reading skills.

I want military service for all able-bodied citizens to be compulsory for a two year minimum. There will be ample pay for individuals and young families. There will be educational funds and preferred job opportunity available for all honorably discharged veterans.

I want wounded veterans to be afforded every consideration to make them, their families and their lives whole.

I want capitalism to be the fiscal driving impetus.

I want the tenets of Judeo-Christian mores, being the intention of the founding fathers, to continue to be so. While the U.S.A. will continue to be tolerant of all religious beliefs, any of same that encroach upon The Constitution and The Bill of Rights will not hold sway over those documents.

I want each individual judged only on the merit of performance and contribution to nation and society. Special consideration due to race, social status, creed or any other classification is racism or worse. Affirmative action is racist. Special help for those considered to be “disenfranchised” only makes that demographic weaker and is racist.

I want the government to cease being afraid of offending a group and acting as if it is walking on egg shells when making common sense decisions. If government is fearful of offending any one group, government, then, offends all groups. We need to take action without fear of making people/organizations/demographics “uncomfortable” and do what needs to be done, when necessary.

I want pandering to special interest groups, at the expense of doing the right thing for the country and majority of the citizens, to cease.
    I want laws in any regard, to apply equally to all citizens, from the lowliest occupation to the highest office. Punishment for infringement will be applied fairly and equally. We have no royalty, we have no special privilege.

I want elected officials to foot their own bills unless traveling in an official capacity. Junkets will be forbidden, family vacations at the expense of the taxpayer will be forbidden. Accommodations will be chosen for economy and services appropriate to the mission-at-hand. If more luxurious accommodations are desired, the difference will be paid by the official.

I want no vacations to be granted during any elected term. They are there to work, and work, they will.

I want all personal expenses incurred by elected officials to be borne by that official. Washington residences will be in the manner of barracks or dormitories. If a separate home for the official or his/her family is desired, that home will be at the expense of the official. Residences will be provided for the President and Vice President.

I want travel to Washington and to home district to be provided in the most economical manner, for elected officials.

I want waste, abuse, or corruption by any appointed, or any elected official, or local, state or federal employee, not be tolerated under penalty of discharge or dismissal. Reimbursement of monetary value of any waste or thievery, will be required and there may be possible incarceration.

I want a radically downsized federal government. More decisions need to be made at the state level affecting only the population of each sovereign state. Agreement between states on legalities and cooperative efforts should be between the affected/involved states.

I want cronyism and spoils methods governing to be outlawed.

I want all levels of government to operate from an established and balanced budget.

I want parents to be held responsible for their minor children’s behavior.

I want business which conducts any affairs offshore to be taxed at a rate 10% higher than those businesses who choose to keep their business in country. Those goods manufactured offshore by domestic businesses will be accessed a tariff when imported into CONUS.

I want countries, with whom, our country trades to do so on an equal footing. Favored trading will occur only if the status is mutual.
    I want national debt to be paid-off. We will no longer mortgage the future of successive generations.

I want to no longer borrow any percentage of National expenditures. We will operate with existing funds. We will avoid conducting our affairs with any “red ink.”

I want congress to enact no new laws for at least two years. Existing laws will be enforced to the letter. Any law found to be not based on our Constitution, useless, or ineffectual may be repealed at any time. However no new laws can replace any repealed laws for at least two years.

What do you want?

Mike Mitchell, Citizen, Patriot, Veteran 04/19/13
    RDLouks, swodski, Striper and 13 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    951 times
    I want the pay of our elected officials to be set at the median income of private sector jobs or lower. We need people who want more than power and a paycheck. Income for serving on committees will be $1.

I want the pay of our elected official aides and appointees to be set 10% less or lower than the median income of private sector jobs or lower.

I want Social Security disability stopped for drug addicts and alcoholics.

I want veteran's hospitals to be world class care and rehabilitation centers and more of them.

I want every citizen and invited guest to this country to be required to abide by every law equally. No congressional exclusions for anyone.
    mmitch, FlaRon, old doc and 1 others like this.
    I carry a firearm not a cell phone.

Member #
    Liked
    6897 times
    I want.....a drink.

DocZeus
    AKA
    The "It's Not Just For BREAKFAST Anymore" One.....
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Member #
    Liked
    10657 times
    I want Mike Mitchell for President & Swodski for VP.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    6040 times
    'bro,

You KNOW we're both smarter than that!

Mike
    swodski and DocZeus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1835 times
    I LIKE IT!
    I'm sittn' here watching The Revolutionary War on history channel. Seems like yous are 250 years too late.
    sidenote: I want the tenets of Judeo-Christian mores, (is mores correct?) thinking you meant morals ... other than that very well written & nice adds by Swod too.
    They can't make obummer king of the new world order until his disarms America
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    Pennsylvania Constitution; article 1 section 21
    Be Blessed, spud.308

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I want Snakedriver for Sec Def
    FlaRon, mmitch and DocZeus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6040 times
    spud,

Yes "mores" is correct. It should be pronounced "morays" with an accent mark over the "e" when written as "mores".
    Thank-you for reading that closely.

Mike
    spud_.308 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    I want the IRS to be stripped of it's "Gastapo Arrest,Property Confiscation" powers and to become what it was originally to be...a government run accounting firm.
    spud_.308, swodski, FlaRon and 2 others like this.
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"There is no proper amount of arranging rotten eggs that will make a GOOD omlet" ~ C.S. Lewis

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2563 times
    I want this country the way it was in the 80's, when we paid under $200 for a brand new S&W .357!.....without the lock! Bob
    swodski, spud_.308, FlaRon and 3 others like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Links