+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times

Sigma Trigger Kit

I purchaced the trigger kit from Apex Tactical a couple of days ago and got it in the mail today. Be warned that if you do not have a whole lot of patients this is better left to a smith. I have taken the gun apart before so I knew what to expect as far as putting it back together. Its a PITA, Glocks are much easier. Its all pretty striaght forward stuff take the factory stuff out, put the new stuff in. I tried to use the Apex slave pin, I really did for about 20 min. then I just decided to go with my good old trusty micro screwdriver 15 sec later I had the trigger back in. I have done a lot of stuff to my little sigma, All the trigger jobs out there, wolff spring on the pin, polishing etc. never had I had failure with the gun. Its a great little piece. After I did this trigger job I squeezed the trigger and it does make a world of diffrence. I do have 29K+ round thru mine so it was quite broken in already. I think I had about a 7lb trigger. After the kit its down to 4-5lb.
    With a new sigma or a newer on I would definety make the $20 investment. its well worth it. They have the same kit for the SD's
    Just a man and his jug settling an old feud
    -ME-

Member #
    Liked
    2550 times
    Thanks vector, i had both the 9 and the 40 and could hit anything with them but the stupid trigger was just too much.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    Thanks vector, i had both the 9 and the 40 and could hit anything with them but the stupid trigger was just too much.
    I was going to trade mine in for a ruger SR40 but they said that they would only give me about $125 for it and its in almost perfect condition. The guy at the store asked me if it has even ever been fired. he was floored to learn that it had so many rounds thru it. he asked me all sorts of question including lube I used, how often I cleaned it etc..
    for $125 I just decided that I would keep the thing because it has been so reliable.
    -ME-

Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    29k rounds and no failures! That is impressive! What other modification have you done to it? (If any)
    "A smart man believes only half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half!" -Jeff Cooper

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Chevrolet View Post
    29k rounds and no failures! That is impressive! What other modification have you done to it? (If any)
    I have taken out the pigtail spring, the outer sear spring for a while, switched out some springs I saw on the web, polished the heck out of every mechanical part in the gun, altered the trigger bar to shorten the reset at one point, switched out triggers, modified the sear block, wolff firing pin spring, etc and so on. I am all back to original stuff except for the pigtail spring which I lost in shag carpeting back when S7W decided that they were not going to sell those parts to the public any longer. I was not abvle to purchase another. Not that I would have put in in or anything. I have fired the best of the best rounds thru it along with the worst of the worst. I mainly use Tulammo with my guns. I like the steel cases, I get better performance and longer ranges I think. I have never had to replace the extractor, ejector, FP, barrel etc.. I have done everything to the gun to try and make it fail except not clean it after I shoot it. After I shoot the gun whether it be 1 round or 1000 rounds I completely tear it down, clean each part whether it needs it or not a reassemble. The 40ve along with every gun I own is in perfect cond or better everytime I take it out. That is probably another reason why its never failed.
    -ME-

Member #
    Liked
    2776 times
    Thanks for the heads up. It is ALWAYS better to hear about someone who did it rather than 2nd or 3rd hand info. +1
    When I was young my Mother told me I could be anyone I wanted to be. Turns out the police call that 'Identity Theft.'

Links