+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Superstition Mountains

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    You are so right! The SMs are synonymous with The Lost Dutchman, but I found all his gold back in 89 or so. Don't bother lookin', folks!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Wendy! You've never heard of the SMs??? I'm surprised. Surely you've read of the fabulous Lost Dutchman fortune? Makes for interesting (if a bit nonsensical) reading.

Member #
    Liked
    13649 times
    Great Grandpa knew "Dutch Jacob" Walz (the Apaches called him Snowbeard") and from his diary I've located a campsite of his, a Spanish fort and mines worked by both Walz and Miguel Peralta (both veins have pinched out), all are north of the Sup's. There are a few artifacts around (I found an old, Apache style moccasin, broken tools, etc.). I'd pass the locations of these on to others intrested in looking, send me a PM. I know the location of the Apache Holy Land and caves but won't share that information out of respect of their religon, there is nothing of monetary value there. There are a lot of other things hidden in the Sup's: Indian ruins, Church caches, etc. & I know where a machine gun was cached in the late 1960's & who cached it... sorry, not telling that one either!
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    7059 times
    Beautiful pictures, Bill.....Thanks for sharing them, you're a lucky man to be near such natural beauty.

When I see mountain vistas like that, I'm reminded of a scene from my favroite movie, "Jeremiah Johnson", when Del Gue (Stefan Gierasch) tells Jeremiah (Robert Redford) that "The Rocky Mountains are the Marrow of the World.....and By God, I was right!"

Thanks again for the pics!

DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Great Grandpa knew "Dutch Jacob" Walz (the Apaches called him Snowbeard") and from his diary I've located a campsite of his, a Spanish fort and mines worked by both Walz and Miguel Peralta (both veins have pinched out), all are north of the Sup's. There are a few artifacts around (I found an old, Apache style moccasin, broken tools, etc.). I'd pass the locations of these on to others intrested in looking, send me a PM. I know the location of the Apache Holy Land and caves but won't share that information out of respect of their religon, there is nothing of monetary value there. There are a lot of other things hidden in the Sup's: Indian ruins, Church caches, etc. & I know where a machine gun was cached in the late 1960's & who cached it... sorry, not telling that one either!

Well when you start posting pictures that rival Charlton Heston gun collection, and start using a Registered Magnum as a truck gun, we will know you found it. Actually I hope you DO find it. Life is so much better when good things happen to good people.
    I -H-A-T-E- it when gun grabbing Libs get lucky.
    DocZeus and Oldgungeezer like this.

Links