TIN FOIL HAT subject....Let me see your (fill in the blank)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: TIN FOIL HAT subject....Let me see your (fill in the blank)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1661 times

TIN FOIL HAT subject....Let me see your (fill in the blank)

I see threads like these in every forum I have ever been on.

"Hey everyone, let's see those....."

a) Revolvers you own
    b) ARs you own
    c) Military Surplus rifles you own
    d) Pics of your reloading rooms
    e) Automatic pistols you own
    f) How much ammo you have stored away
    g) What kind of defensive preparations you have done to your home

the list goes on.

And what do we all do? We take detailed pics, and display them for the entire world to see, analyze, record, archive, and keep a running track of.
    Then when we get something new, we do it all over again, so 'they" can update their data base.

I see why we do this in about 4 possible scenarios.

1. We trust our government to not spy on us, or keep track of each and ever thing we say and do on a GUN website, so we are not at all concerned.

2. We are proud of our new toys and feel very secure and happy to let the entire world know we have them. Knowing those in other countries can only drool at our freedoms we have here.

3. (TIN FOIL HAT AREA) We are being chided and provoked by secret mole agents within our ranks that exploit our vanity as they record all we say and do. Keeping careful records of each and every firearm we say we own.

4. (THIS IS WHAT I THJINK IS THE REAL REASON WE DO THIS) We know and do not really give a rat's ass who knows what we have because in this world of big government, we have already been plugged into "the system" long ago, especially those of us with military or law enforcement service. We do not really care because showing pics on the internet does not mean we really own anything. it just means we can post pics on the internet and is in no way proof of ownership by any means. We have already had to fill out so much government paperwork on so many things already, who cares anymore. Some things you just can not get all too concerned about.

THIS IS AMERICA, so let's keep posting those pics and defy the world or even our own government to do anything about it.

If there were 30 of us in a room, I can bet just one of us can arm all the rest with no problem.....and with plenty of ammo.

That being said, I still kinda look crossways when I see a thread asking us all to show the entire world what we have in our safes.
    Why are we so willing to show the whole world each and every firearm we own?

If I were a dishonest government agent or a foreign agent and needed to get data on those who might possess weapons who might be harmful to an unlawful takeover of this country......then all I would need to do is join all of the several gun websites and make a thread, "let's see them ARs and modern military rifles you all have stashed away"....and just sit back and print everything out for my superiors.

I know this is a tin foil hat area, but the complete lack of OPSEC of the whole thing leaves me baffled.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin; 05-19-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12238 times
    I can't wait for the thread that asks to see our tanks and APCs.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15802 times
    I believe it is very important that one has a "Thinking Hat" especially in this day and age of complex issues. I rely on my "Hat" prior to making any important decisions on these issues.

Name:  Image 1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  27.2 KB

After careful thought I am not afraid to show my weapons either.

Name:  IMG_0365.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  908.5 KB
    Last edited by FlaRon; 05-19-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6868 times
    That must be the knife that you take to a gun fight... Is that an "AOW" ?

Anything on the Internet is accessible to anyone with a computer and a connection. That includes commercial entities, government entities, friends and enemies.

Some governments would prosecute us for our opinions alone. Remember that every time you hear a politician or reporter attack the rights that are embraced by the Second Amendment. The First Amendment is only one more up the list. They are on the same list. They are both important.

Seeing pictures of someone's gun on the Internet isn't quite the same as aggressively getting your hands on someone's gun in person. Often there is vigilance, judgement, training, force and resistance involved in the latter. That and the best advice a police officer can ever give you: "In a fight, never give up defending yourself..."
    Last edited by mrerick; 05-19-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    Cheers!

Marc

accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor

Member #
    Liked
    5591 times
    Hey Retired,

Some of us even have You Tube Channels.............Which are worth extra "Enabling Points"! LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocO8YffNN0

Later, Mark
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E. Lee

Marlinitis Symptoms: More daily.

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.........

Member #
    Liked
    2865 times
    Posting pictures, or lists of my accumulations have never been a consideration with me. It might be distrust in humanity in general, might be paranoia, might be nothing more than my desire for secrecy. One thing for sure - a lot of the stuff should have never been acquired.
    msharley and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Between Elephant Breath MT. and Squaw's Ankle N.M.
    Liked
    12867 times
    Don't you know Agent Smuckatelli is watching you...
    jeepnut, msharley and Injunbro like this.
    The more I'm around people, the more I like sheep, and I hate sheep.

Member #
    Liked
    3578 times
    I never show my heavy artillery.
    That's a well guarded secret.

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    I'm in category #4. Having been in the military, spending most of my working life in LE, and filling out 4473s over many years, I have little doubt that I am already on every Government list there is.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times

Tin foil hat

I've lost all my guns in a boating accident And everytime one of those "how many or let's see" threads pop up, I unfortunately have another boating accident!!
    Too old to own an ugly gun

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links