Going on 6 months since the election....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Going on 6 months since the election....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12519 times
    Special interest groups are like lawyers. In most situations, the ones representing you are true gifts to mankind. The other parties' lawyer however, evil incarnate. It just depends upon whose work they are doing.

Member #
    Liked
    6695 times
    I am also for the GA Right To Life people (I am not for killing unborn children).

I am with the Georgia Packing forum:

Georgia Packing Forum
    msharley likes this.
    S&W pinned revolvers, a few Colt 1911's, and a few old cars

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20557 times
    I would be more surprised seeing the Democrat lite(Republican party) doing anything to work with Trump. He upset their little apple cart by defeating every one of their anointed and hand chosen presidential candidates so I expect them to be hostile to him.
    Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6695 times
    Wendy,
    He also beat Hillary Clinton who was the evil person.

I watched President Trump rally the steel CEO's today to make a new policy for steel workers so we can get the specialty steel that we need for submarines and other exotic steel. He gave the pen that he signed it to the labor representative.

He also made friends with the new PM from Italy when they had a joint news conference.

He also took time to explain to the folks in Canada that he is reviewing trade policies with them in the future

This guy works harder than most people half his age.
    -----

I don't see those Congress people working as hard? I think Paul Ryan was over in Europe doing "business". When did you elect Ryan to form a national security policy? Where were the Senate people? We elected them to do do the people's business.

If the President is the White House, the Congress should be is session.
    S&W pinned revolvers, a few Colt 1911's, and a few old cars

Member #
    Liked
    21917 times
    Here is what I know - it will take a crisis for the parties to work together for the people. Right now the left owns most of the network news, by that you should all understand that news reporting is biased.
    In my lifetime I have been eye witness to the degradation of our industry. How come all of our appliances are made overseas, the majority of cars are foreign made, and at Wall-Mart all the clothes are foreign-made. In my youth, Pittsburgh made more steel than any country in the world.
    . . .Are our politicians to blame? Who else has the power to protect our foreign trade. . .Our current president is trying to make America great again, if the current Republican law-makers won't jump on board, let's elect Republicans that will support him - But to let progressives take over is to establish a monarchy that will put our liberties under their thumb; no more 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by Triplelock; 04-20-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    msharley, WendyZXZ and Injunbro like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5786 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Triplelock View Post
    Here is what I know - it will take a crisis for the parties to work together for the people. Right now the left owns most of the network news, by that you should all understand that news reporting is biased.
    In my lifetime I have been eye witness to the degradation of our industry. How come all of our appliances are made overseas, the majority of cars are foreign made, and at Wall-Mart all the clothes are foreign-made. In my youth, Pittsburgh made more steel than any country in the world.
    . . .Are our politicians to blame? Who else has the power to protect our foreign trade. . .Our current president is trying to make America great again, if the current Republican law-makers won't jump on board, let's elect Republicans that will support him - But to let progressives take over is to establish a monarchy that will put our liberties under their thumb; no more 2nd Amendment.
    Hey Hank,

Hear! Hear!

When I was a young man, if you could not find a GOOD PAYING JOB in Pittsburgh........you were not looking!

Could quit a job at coffee time, and have a better job by NOON! (so did, on a couple of occasions)

Mesta Machine had 5,000 men.............per shift!

Union Switch & Signal, Westinghouse Air Brake..............the list goes on.

Heck, even the first Apollo "heat shield" was cast at J&L in Hazelwood!

Duquesne Works, J&L South Side, Homestead Works, Carrie Furnace, J&L Hazelwood, the Foundries in South Side & Lawarencville, J&L Aliquippa, US Steel Ambridge.............etc. All TORN DOWN FLAT, now.

Later, Mark
    Injunbro likes this.
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E. Lee

Marlinitis Symptoms: More daily.

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.........

Member #
    Liked
    21917 times
    Quote Originally Posted by msharley View Post
    Hey Hank,

Hear! Hear!

When I was a young man, if you could not find a GOOD PAYING JOB in Pittsburgh........you were not looking!

Could quit a job at coffee time, and have a better job by NOON! (so did, on a couple of occasions)

Mesta Machine had 5,000 men.............per shift!

Union Switch & Signal, Westinghouse Air Brake..............the list goes on.

Heck, even the first Apollo "heat shield" was cast at J&L in Hazelwood!

Duquesne Works, J&L South Side, Homestead Works, Carrie Furnace, J&L Hazelwood, the Foundries in South Side & Lawarencville, J&L Aliquippa, US Steel Ambridge.............etc. All TORN DOWN FLAT, now.

Later, Mark
    Right on Mark - I worked at J&L (Jones and Lockland Steel) for a while in New Ken. I was laid off and got a job with Pittsburgh Plate Glass. Alcoa had its biggest plant in New Kensington, they pulled out and New Ken resembles a ghost town today with abandoned industrial buildings and a boarded up business district, I see much the same along the Allegheny, Kiski and Mon rivers that once employed thousands upon thousands.

I saw those industries going full bore day and night during world war two - Manufacturing plants were converted to produce weapons of war . . .America became the arsenal of democracy as we supplied our allies as well as building the biggest Navy and Air Force; I believe Russia had a bigger Army but we helped to supply Russia with tools of war too. - We couldn't do this today because of the lack of industry.
    msharley likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
    I think Paul Ryan was over in Europe doing "business". When did you elect Ryan to form a national security policy? Where were the Senate people? We elected them to do do the people's business.
    Paul Ryan should step down from his position of Speaker and devote more time to things he knows about. Like writing a book on how to get stomped in a VP debate. How to lose a presidential election to left-wing kooks Obama/Biden. How to bash the Republican nominee for president of your own party. How to prepare for seven years to do nothing about Obamacare. Maybe wrap it all up in one four letter book title... RINO.
    Injunbro and msharley like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links