Smith And Wesson Forums banner

How doe's this gun even fire

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob K 
#1 ·
Well I went and bought myself a fancy ruger 1022, with the French walnut stock. It's a thing of beauty, but the trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired. So I went on a 22 specialty sight to see what they were doing for triggers. What I found out was that my bolt needed reworked, a new barrel was in order, I needed a polymer bolt stop. Plus a whole new trigger Assembly. When all said and done it might group as well as my savage. Aren't these forums great. ;)

#4 ·
The roughness Of a Ruger trigger seems to go away with use. The Rugers that I have owned are .22's: 10/22 Std. Carbine and a few Standard Auto's (4). They all seemed fine to me after a break-in period of 500 rounds.

A fellow shooter had a much modified Ruger 10/22. He looked at my standard rifle, and said "Ya' know.....I don't know why I wasted so much money on this rifle! Yours (std 10/22) is all you really need!"
I thought about it for awhile. :roll: I guess he's right! If I wanted a better rifle......I'd have bought one!!! ;) Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.