+ Reply to Thread
    Gizamo

Value of a Ruger .44 Carbine

On the ride home, I stopped at the infamous KTP...

On the rack were two old .44 Carbine Rugers. One that was 1962 and had a checkered stock. Decent condition. The other I dropped my jaw upon seeing. It's a 1964 Sporter. Conservative estimate would be 99 per cent condition. I know that Ruger made this model style early on, but to find a beaver fore-end with a monte carlo stock that has never had a scope on it...unmolested.!!!! Wow...

I'm trying to wrap my pea brain around what it's value really is. You can't go by the books on this one. Any idea, folks?

giz

Member #
    Liked
    77 times

Re: Value of a Ruger .44 Carbine

I'm gonna say $525, but only if it has the Integral Receiver Sight...
    ".... Evil Flourishes When Good Men Do Nothing...."

Gizamo

It doesn't....

But us Ruger rifle guys are on another level. Imagine finding a RM in a 3.5" barrel length...

Little side story...one of my Northern Dealers that I'm friend with picked up a gun off of Uncle Henry's. He handed it to me..I asked " How much?".....

He said How's $600.....

Then I told him.

He had handed me a Ruger Flatbolt with iron sights and Ruger ring mounts....in .308!!!! Jim is a good friend and I would never take advantage of him. And he actually knows his Ruger handguns as well as I do. I said....How about $3,500 on up? At the right auction, even better.

I'm guessin' maybe less then 20 made....

giz

ps.... He would have sold it for the 6 bills...and to be fair...he'd of honored the price he offered it to me.. Dang I need to learn how to take advantage of my friends...

Member #
    Liked
    3119 times

Hard to believe that a Ruger is now a collecter's piece, demanding that kind of money. Bill Ruger built his guns.....for the common man to afford. He's probably spinning in his grave!!!! Once collecters get interested in something.......the prices become outrageous!!! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Gizamo

Bob,

There are alot of Ruger's that sell for very high dollars, these days. Some of the rifles are in the stratosphere. Some of the handguns are multi thousand dollar guns. It is pretty amazing to see the steady climb in the values..

giz

Member #
    Liked
    3119 times

Giz, I'm waiting for M-66-1 2 1/2" to reach into the 1000's. I don't shoot it much, and keep it real clean. With my luck......... the country will go down the drain, and they'll probably confiscate it, and destroy it!!!! Nothin' that I ever owned...... turned into big bucks for me.

I sold my old comic book collection, and old books to an Antiques Dealer......He only gave me face value. Big deal.....he probably sold them for 10X the value. (Boy....that $35 really gave me my start......to where I am now!!! Still in my little house on Ferry St., Easthampton, Ma. )
    I now think of all the neat toys that I gave away to a friend's kid (which he probably destroyed.), that are now worth 1000's of dollars. I came into this world with nothing......and I expect to leave .....the same way!!! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Links