Smith And Wesson Forums banner

BRNO 12 gauge O/U

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bob K 
G
#1 ·
This is a true CZ shotgun. Unlike the Huglu imports brought into the Country by CZ USA .

Billed by many as the strongest shotgun action made, the gun was made by BRNO. This is a 2H 201 model chambered in 2 3/4" with the 28" barrel set. Choked full and full.

See less See more
#2 ·
My wife shoots the 20 gauge twin of yours. She can hit more birds w/ it than any other shotgun she's ever held including my Browning & Ithacas... and w/ it makes me work hard to keep up no matter what I shoot. IMHO CZ's are the best shotguns for the price.

#3 ·
A very nice shotgun, Giz. I've only looked at the CZ's in the gunshop, and it seems to be at or near the top of the line. Great quality, nice wood, at a decent price. What's not to like? The full/full barrels, with the double triggers, seems alittle weird though. Bob

#4 ·
Nice looking O/U. The full/full choke combination is unusual but I like the double triggers. I was taught to hunt with a double barrel. I've got one O/U (Zoli) with double triggers. I consider it my fastest field gun when bird hunting with instant choke selection and not having to release a trigger to reset for the next barrel.

G
#5 · (Edited)
Here in Maine...
Hunting the woolly wags..

I usually miss my first shot up close and connect with the second. So mod full doesn't' help. Here the Partridge usually bust out one at a time. So the full/full just might be the ticket. Prolly the gun would be good for N.American trap.

Interesting pic of the action...very unusual for a box lock.

#6 · (Edited)
;) Well Giz...around here....... I don't even see any Partridges, any more. The chokes don't matter much to me........I never see ANYTHING TO SHOOT AT!!!! Basically, I've retired my I.C. choked Ithaca M-37 20 ga P'atridge gun....... I like to go hunting with my old Stevens Single shot 20 gauge Full choke, and go looking for rabbits, and maybe take a long poke at a stocked Pheasant, that I might kick up. I like to hunt the woods, on the edges of farmfields in Hatfield, MA. just to the north, up RT. 91. At my age, it's more for the exercise then anything. It's easy walking....except when the briars get thick. The farm fields are right on the banks of the Connecticut River, and are fertile river bottom, from spring flooding. Excellent for growing huge fields of corn.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.