+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

The Sutton spoon

An iconic trout and salmon lure here in the northeast is the Sutton spoon. A family owned, multi-generational business, their spoons have been used for 100 years or more ( I am guessing). Each one plated and a high polish put on them, known for their strength and longevity, and the way they have driven cold water fish nuts for years. I have caught 100s, maybe in to the 1000s, of trout and land locked salmon on them for over 30 years. Of course, bass and pickerel go for them too, but they'll eat anything and don't count .

Anyway, our US Government in the form of the EPA has forced this business to close, because economically they have been unable to financially deal with new EPA rules regarding waste/byproduct from their plating process. Maybe this is old news to some of you, but I have just recently found this out. Sutton spoons are now a thing of the past.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Re: The Sutton spoon

Big brother strikes again huh?

I'd never had much success with Sutton spoons. It's all in what you have confidence in, and for me that tends to be the Mooselook Wobbler. In fact, my eight year old and I are putting the Lund in the water in about an hour. I hope to have pics to post tonight.
    "You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas." Davy Crockett

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Cush, we expect some pics to the haul!

My boys and I use quail hearts. I'm not much of a fisherman any way. My boys do much better.
    Give me a Scotch, I'm starving!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Sworn Panther Martin spinner guy here but will look for a Sutton spoon.. while I still can

Links