+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times

Strange things in the woods

Any one ever see any huge foot prints in the woods?Boulders the size of washing machines rolling down the mountain out of the pitch black. Trees being shaken, pieces of dead fall the size of base ball bats tumbling out of the darkness. Five foot tall fur trees pulled out of the ground with snapped roots thrown dirt and all? Loud grunting and slurping sounds and wiffs of stench like rotten garbage, Two large creatures moving above you breaking sticks crashing around in the darkness ????
    Any one think there might be something to legends ?

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

Re: Strange things in the woods

Just the Earth First! People up to their old tricks again..... either that or you were camping too close to someone's grow-hide.
    ".... Evil Flourishes When Good Men Do Nothing...."

Member #
    Liked
    696 times

Yeah that was it I am sure

Member #
    Liked
    74 times

You sound spooked..... what do you think happened?
    ".... Evil Flourishes When Good Men Do Nothing...."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

That was just me on a Tequila ripper!
    Sorry, I'll try to keep it down next time.
    NRA Endowment

No brag just fact

Member #
    Liked
    453 times

ON58,

That's why I like them places with lots of Grizz,
    they help keep the rif-raf outta the woods...

Su Amigo,
    Dave
    Boys,
    If'n your not on the edge, your takin' up too much room!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I keep an open mind, while looking for reasonable answers. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be any reasonable answers. I've walked out of the woods once or twice myself with my hair standing on end and my nerves on edge, but not from events like you describe. Whatever you are referring to sound very interesting.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Onenut58, just remember in this digital age a pic or recording isn't good enough. Science needs a body dragged in. I think that is why a hunter has never shot a Bigfoot yet, they are almost always sure it's a person screwing around. Be safe. James
    "I want to be apple pie and baseball, but when people look at me they see nachos and a cock-fight"

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Onenut Year before last I was hunting elk in the Oregon coastal range. And what I saw at the beginning of dusk will stay with me for the rest of my life. It only stood about 5.8 but it looked huge. Whatever it was it was totally silent. Now I've seen lots of bear and it was no bear. It did not show any interest in me what so ever.It just disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Member #
    Liked
    696 times

Cpierce I believe you. I have never seen any thing like that before.But I know what the woods sound like at night and it was a black moonless night.We were camped on a gravel and sand bar at the base of a cliff where a small river ran down through old lava flow. The river had worn the lava down to verticle cliffs on each side that were about 100 feet high.Once you enter the canyon miles up river unless you want to do some serious rock climbing you dont leave the river until it ends up opening up into a larger valley 2 days hike.The river runs down over many water falls and drops into pools. Some places the water is to deep to wade and you have to scale along the cliffs to get past. It is full of cutthroat trout and a very fun place to hike through.Above the cliffs the mountian side rise on up into timber on both sides of the river.
    Like many places I have been to you can only get through during late summer when the water is at its lowest.That evening we built a fire right next to the face of the cliff and chucked our sleeping bags down on the sand on a sand bar about 20 feet wide.
    we cooked some fish ate talked a while and went to sleep.Bill my friend woke me up shaking me hard. I snapped to thinking a bear had come around.Bill had a little mag light in his hand and his 41 magnum out and he was shinning it up the cliff and I could hear heavy breathing and grunting and ask Bill whatthe hell is that. He looked at me like what do you think it is but said nothing. I sleep in my clothes and boots in the woods and had a model 27 out and my flashlight shining it up the cliff. But we couldnt see any thing.
    Then we seen some thing flying over the edge of the cliff and both ran to the edge of the creek. It was a live fur tree about five or six feet tall pulled out of the ground and chucked over the side.Then we heard cracking and and grunting and sticks three inches thick and three feet long came flying at the fire that was nothing but coals at the time.we still tried to shine our lights to see but you could not see over the lip of the cliff. When we heard something crashing down from above the cliff a ways and we backed into the river and out of the black came a boulder bigger than the two of us could have picked up and crashed down three feet to the left of Bills sleeping bag and plopped into the sand.
    I told Bill turn off your flash light and I did the same and the sticks kept flying over the cliff as well as more trees.I kept getting wiffs of garbage and Bill smelled it to and the slurping sounds were like some one with a mouth full of slobber and heavy breathing like some one out of wind only it all eccoed in the rock and was loud.We were waist deep in water and had moved about 100 feet down stream and the sticks kept flying. It went quiet a couple times and started up again and all told it was maybe 45 minutes to a hour this went on.
    I remember freeezing in the cold water it gets cold at night even in summer in the mountians and we were standing in cold water.
    we could here two of them and finaly they stopped and every thing went dead silent.You have to understand this was in the pitch black you could not see your hand in front of your face.
    We moved up under a over hang in the cliff face and sat and waited for day light.We both knew what had done it and talked about what to do about it.We both agreed there were two of them and one was up on the hill side further than the other. But they moved around busting up logs to throw at us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links