CC Insurance - thoughts??

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on CC insurance?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry CC insurance now

3 10.00%
  • I do not carry CC Insurance now

21 70.00%
  • Gives me peace of mind, worth the price

0 0%
  • Gotta have it, but not sure its worth the price

3 10.00%
  • Just a way for attorneys to make money, no value.

7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: CC Insurance - thoughts??

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8908 times

CC Insurance - thoughts??

As concealed carry becomes more prevalent, and as we live in a very litigious society, what are your opinions on CC insurance?

If you respond to the poll, please answer at least one of the first 2 questions (essentially yes I do, or no I don't carry CC insurance now) - then indicate your attitude towards it. Thanks!
    I have many fine personality traits, or as my psychiatrist calls them, "symptoms".

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600 seconds-plus. 1911 response time: 900 feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Member #
    Liked
    23161 times
    I don't carry it , have a general umbrella policy .

Chances of ever needing it are quite small .

GA is pretty good on self defense laws , so unless I do something
    REALLY stoopid , I'm all good .

Or so I think ............

Regards
    George
    jeepnut and Bob K like this.
    First line of defense , my faithful Pit - don't mess with Mr. Kane !

Lovin' it here in N. Ga - I wasn't born here , but I got here as fast as I could .

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20899 times
    Idaho has very good citizen protection laws with CC and use of force.
    Like George said as long as I don't do something stupid, I'm good to go.
    Catsass, jeepnut and Bob K like this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7483 times
    We used to have a bonding requirement (in TN) that protected the issuer. When I initially inquired I was told either a deliberate or criminal act was not in that scope. Educate me.

Member #
    Liked
    5050 times
    I had never heard of CC insurance until I read this post. Good Grief!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7214 times
    What we need (related to this) is requirements at state level for any public accommodation (business, etc) that posts "No Guns" type "Gun Free Zone" gun buster signs must be responsible for any resulting injuries to lawful gun owners. Most will have to buy an insurance policy to cover patrons that may be victimized by the violent attacks that they attract, or take down their signs...

Some states (like Tennessee) have already passed this kind of law!

'Gun-Free Zones' in Tennessee now liable for harm caused to firearm permit holders
    Cheers!

Marc

accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Most states have what is called a "Stand you ground" law, this is how the State of Florida defines it -

776.012 Use or threatened use of force in defense of person.—
    (1) A person is justified in using or threatening to use force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. A person who uses or threatens to use force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat before using or threatening to use such force.
    (2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.
    jeepnut and Sportymonk like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10726 times
    PA has a Castle Doctrine that applies to your home, porch, garage, car etc. It also applies to anyplace you may be staying, like a hotel room or with a relative. In order to apply this you must not be the aggressor. We also have a Stand your Ground Law which entitles you to defend yourself wherver you are as long as you arent the initial aggressor and you have a right to be where you are when attacked. PA law also says the attacker cant turn around and sue you for hurting him as long as you had the right to defend yourself. We can also use these rights to defend others near us who cant defend themselves
    As others have said, unless I do something stupid I should be OK. I also live in a rural area with a lot of gun ownership where the DA isnt a liberal who is going to try to twist the law against you.
    If you carry a gun or even have one just for self defense you had best know the law.
    If I see Joe Criminal out in my driveway stealing the wheels off my car I cant shoot him, but if he sees me at the door and comes at me with the tire iron its ON!
    Last edited by jonesy814; 04-12-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    Sportymonk and Bob K like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15568 times
    The average cost to defend yourself after a JUSTIFIED self defensive shooting is around $200K. You may beat the criminal charges, but the relatives of Bubba, who was working to "turn his life around", come out of the woodwork with hungry pro bono dirt bag lawyers. And they WILL extract something from you. Perhaps not money, but maybe a little piece of your life because of stress and worry. And defensive lawyers necessary to keep you financially intact are VERY expensive.

And let's not even talk about how you will be viewed by family and acquaintances after a shooting you survive....

It just doesn't end like a movie
    Sportymonk, magspop, 1av8r and 2 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7214 times
    The North Carolina "Castle Doctrine" that I helped get passed in North Carolina (House Bill 650 of 2011) exempts you from both criminal and civil (lawsuit) liability if you do everything according to law.

It will still probably cost you $100K, but you're in a much better position starting out.
    Sportymonk likes this.
    Cheers!

Marc

accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links