+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: No shield for massachusetts!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4659
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    brockton ma
    Posts
    2,484
    Liked
    2549 times

    No shield for massachusetts!

    The executive office of public safety has posted its new list of approved guns for mass. The shield is not on it.
    I wrote this twice before and it keeps disappearing, if this is not in the right place or something please let me know!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    5220
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kain-Tuck-EE
    Posts
    3,995
    Liked
    7057 times
    Strange Gun laws, for the state that S&W resides in.....

    Very similar to Liquor Laws here.....some 90% of the worlds' Finest Bourbons are made here in Kentucky, and only about half of our counties are "wet"...Go Figure....

    DocZeus
    AKA
    David
    USAMP likes this.
    NRA Member.....SWCA Member.....Semi-Retired, But Not Dead Yet.....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4659
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    brockton ma
    Posts
    2,484
    Liked
    2549 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocZeus View Post
    Strange Gun laws, for the state that S&W resides in.....

    Very similar to Liquor Laws here.....some 90% of the worlds' Finest Bourbons are made here in Kentucky, and only about half of our counties are "wet"...Go Figure....

    DocZeus


    AKA
    David
    but at least you have the option to go get it. i can drive two hours to s&w retail store and still can't buy one.
    maybe i will take up bourbon instead of guns!
    DocZeus and YoungGuns like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4037
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    649
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    but at least you have the option to go get it. i can drive two hours to s&w retail store and still can't buy one.
    maybe i will take up bourbon instead of guns!
    Man, that sucks. Whats up with the legislature in Massachusetts? Is it some kind of Liberal bastion there or something?
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4659
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    brockton ma
    Posts
    2,484
    Liked
    2549 times
    Quote Originally Posted by s&wtoter View Post
    Man, that sucks. Whats up with the legislature in Massachusetts? Is it some kind of Liberal bastion there or something?
    it's really weird the way it works here. the state ( legislature controlled ) publishes a list that says what you can buy in this state. glocks, most rugers, some beretta's, para ordinance, and a lot of smiths are on it. that is the law part of it. then along comes the attorney general with a regulation that says all guns must have a ten pd trigger, maiximum 10 rd capacity and a mag disconnect which is contrary to the state list, but the attorney general seems to rule in this state. the shield for example has a 6.5 trigger which violates the attorney generals rule and it is not even on the state list, however smith is suppose to be working on a new model for mass. i also understand it is illegal for the nra to lobby in this state and we do have another organization called goal: gun owners action league but they seem to have done nothing since this happened in 1998.
    i could go on forever with this but suffice it to say we are stuck with this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4037
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    649
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    it's really weird the way it works here. the state ( legislature controlled ) publishes a list that says what you can buy in this state. glocks, most rugers, some beretta's, para ordinance, and a lot of smiths are on it. that is the law part of it. then along comes the attorney general with a regulation that says all guns must have a ten pd trigger, maiximum 10 rd capacity and a mag disconnect which is contrary to the state list, but the attorney general seems to rule in this state. the shield for example has a 6.5 trigger which violates the attorney generals rule and it is not even on the state list, however smith is suppose to be working on a new model for mass. i also understand it is illegal for the nra to lobby in this state and we do have another organization called goal: gun owners action league but they seem to have done nothing since this happened in 1998.
    i could go on forever with this but suffice it to say we are stuck with this.
    Well, at least you guys have not gone as far as places like Chicago.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

  7. #7
    Member
    Member #
    7926
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    84
    Liked
    31 times
    I haven't even seen one yet...I know...I really need to get out more!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4037
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    649
    Liked
    164 times
    Quote Originally Posted by insanetaxicat View Post
    I haven't even seen one yet...I know...I really need to get out more!
    Don't feel bad. I have only had the opportunity to read an article on the gun. It really looks like a nice carry piece.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Member #
    9075
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Approved as of August

    The Shield was placed on the newest list as of August 2102. The ones they had as demos in local gun shops have been sold and waiting lists have been established for both calibers.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Member #
    9075
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh and it is a very very nice carry piece! Narrow and ideal for IWB and a really smooth and consistent trigger pull, better than the BG.380. The M&P 9C is a really nice gun but the Shield is more easily concealed and worn. Both the 9 and .40 have identical dimensions, just the 9 holds an extra round.


 

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. M&P Shield
    By AquaHull in forum S&W Semi-Auto Pistols Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
  2. Newbie from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.
    By FrankD in forum New Members Introduction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM
  3. WTB smtih and wesson M&P9 pro or M&P9L in massachusetts
    By capecod in forum WTS, WTB, WTT-FIREARMS ONLY - Please read the rules.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM
  4. Hello from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    By Ben Cartwright SASS in forum New Members Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 09:32 PM
  5. Massachusetts New Guy
    By Matt_625 in forum New Members Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Search tags for this page

m&p shield ma compliant

,
m&p shield mass compliant
,

m&p shield massachusetts

,

m&p shield massachusetts compliant

,
ma compliant m&p shield
,
s&w shield ma compliant
,

smith and wesson shield ma compliant

,
smith and wesson shield mass
,
smith and wesson shield mass compliant
,

when will the m&p shield be mass compliant

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SmithandWessonForums.com is not affiliated with Smith & Wesson. We are an enthusiast site and fans of Smith & Wesson Firearms. To visit the official Smith & Wesson site, click here: Smith-Wesson.com.