Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A new Ruger Black rifle to hit the shelves soon. SR762

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13430 times

A new Ruger Black rifle to hit the shelves soon. SR762

[h=2]If you like black rifles, or like rifles in 7.62/.308 this should interest you.[/h]

Ruger has a new 7.62 class carbine coming out. It looks to be another winner for Ruger this time. It has top notch features, and I'm sure the price will be spot on.

Here's the link.
    RugerŪ SR-762? Autoloading Rifle

Regards,
    Gregory
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    3294 times
    You beat me to it GC. I just checked my e mail and saw the announcement.

Member #
    Liked
    1773 times
    All it needs is a bayonet mount and it'd be ideal for any use, even military.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
    "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    684 times
    I love that gun. It would make a good companion to my Springfield Socom. Bad thing about any new gun coming out it is forever before it hits the LGS.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1990 times
    Very nice indeed! But, for suggested retail of $2200, it should be a lot of gun. That's getting into the price range of a M1A National Match. Just sayin'...
    msharley likes this.

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    3791 times
    Carl,
    I love the MIA s much as the next guy, and all it's history, but the majority of today's out of the box ar platforms in 7.62 will shoot rings around them. The M1A takes a lot more work and money just to keep up with a quality ar 7.6. That being said I do love old fashioned wood and steel firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by carl418 View Post
    Very nice indeed! But, for suggested retail of $2200, it should be a lot of gun. That's getting into the price range of a M1A National Match. Just sayin'...
    gearchecker likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1457 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl418 View Post
    Its the modular design that allows various accessories to be mounted thus utilized. Its a tinkers delight the equivalent of a Lego set. That said its the advancement in sighting systems designed for the AR series of rifles. Because the military is back into rifle wars design concepts and improvements are being made to advance the weapon system.

Banned
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3707 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
    Carl,
    I love the MIA s much as the next guy, and all it's history, but the majority of today's out of the box ar platforms in 7.62 will shoot rings around them. The M1A takes a lot more work and money just to keep up with a quality ar 7.6. That being said I do love old fashioned wood and steel firearms.
    I've messed with the AR10 platforms a few times and had function and accuracy problems. One was an Armalite, the other a DPMS.
    I guess I'll stick to my M14 platform rifles. I've rebedded one of mine twice when it started opening up. A pain granted but just something that goes along with that platform if you are going to use a conventional wood/fiberglass stock.
    The newer stocks with the aluminum bedding blocks are probably better but I'm too much of a traditionalist to move off of my wood stocks.
    The AR10 platform is indeed easier to tear down and rebuild like the AR15 but I'm be darned if I know anybody that has had one function 100% brand new. A buddy has two and he isn't happy with either (different makes).
    Maybe the newer ones from S&W and Ruger are better functioning and accurate but the price is fairly prohibitive.
    Then again so are M1As but I've had my two almost 20 years. $600 for a standard grade and $950 for a match rifle so prices have definitely gone up.

Member #
    Liked
    3294 times
    Based on the MSRP, and actual prices I have seen at local gun shops, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the $1899.00 to $1999.00 price range. The mini 14 I recently got has an MSRP of $989.00, mine was $749.95. The MSRP of an SR9c is $529.00, mine was $399.99. Maybe not right at first, but within a year I would think they will be available for $200 to $400 less than MSRP.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1990 times
    I don't know about the AR being more accurate than a M1A. I took my brand new out of the box M&P 10 to the range today. It's accurate but it's the same range I shoot my M1A at and I couldn't tell much difference between them at all. I'm shooting pine cones off of the ground at 100 yards with both rifles. And I know my M1A is accurate enough to produce 1" spreads at 200 yards with iron sights.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not knocking ARs in .308. I just bought one and love it. All I'm saying is that, for that much money, it should be a very good rifle.

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor

Links