What's Going on Here?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: What's Going on Here?

Member #
    Liked
    9999 times

What's Going on Here?

Colt has just announced a new and improved Cobra. The Kimber K6, which was announced about a year ago is on the shelves and S&W has added a 2.75 inch version of their models 69 and 66 K frames. Even Rock Island Armory has a snub nosed 38 on the market. Ruger now has a 10 shot 22 based on their GP 100 and has just announced a 5 shot 44 special on that same platform.
    Is there a Revolver Revival going on? The shorter barreled K frames from S&W were easy since all they took was a shorter barrel but the other new wheelguns took some actual research and development.
    There must be enough interest in revolvers to warrant sinking some money into new designs and the fact that the Kimber and Cobra are definitely aimed at the concealed carry market validates that the small revolver is still a popular and effective option.
    As I have said before. I had no revolvers when I joined here in 2012. Now I have 6 and am working on getting more. Maybe I am a trendsetter

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8221 times
    We'll sure help and enable you!! You KNOW how great a revolver trigger is, right, so git you some more!
    I have many fine personality traits, or as my psychiatrist calls them, "symptoms".

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600 seconds-plus. 1911 response time: 900 feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20582 times
    Yes, there is a new revolver revival to use those words. Quite a few of the gun magazines are touting the revolver due to the ease of use, ease to conceal, and they're less prone to malfunction when needed in a pinch.

We've all heard this same conversation here, for as long as the forum has been in existence. And, it will continue as long as handguns are legal to own.
    Revolvers are generally much easier to load, and if the first shot doesn't go off you just pull the trigger again until it fires.
    Older hands, and many ladies find racking a slide very difficult, if not impossible, and revolvers don't have that issue either.
    Generally revolvers are simply easier to use. And with the compacts like the J-frames they're quite easy to conceal as well.
    And lastly, with the exception of a few designs on the market, the revolver is much more elegant and nicer to look at than most semi-auto pistols, especially when comparing them to the new plastic fantastics.

So with the revolver, what's not to love!
    Name:  642.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  46.5 KB
    Name:  G43-vs-G42.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  148.7 KB

Regards,
    Gearchecker
    Last edited by gearchecker; 01-10-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1614 times
    The part of your question I don't understand is how could you have only 6 revolvers in a span of 5 years, seems like you need to step it up.��
    Last edited by Slimchance; 01-10-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22576 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gearchecker View Post
    Yes, there is a new revolver revival to use those words. Quite a few of the gun magazines are touting the revolver due to the ease of use, ease to conceal, and they're less prone to malfunction when needed in a pinch.

We've all heard this same conversation here, for as long as the forum has been in existence. And, it will continue as long as handguns are legal to own.
    Revolvers are generally much easier to load, and if the first shot doesn't go off you just pull the trigger again until it fires.
    Older hands, and many ladies find racking a slide very difficult, if not impossible, and revolvers don't have that issue either.
    Generally revolvers are simply easier to use. And with the compacts like the J-frames they're quite easy to conceal as well.
    And lastly, with the exception of a few designs on the market, the revolver is much more elegant and nicer to look at than most semi-auto pistols, especially when comparing them to the new plastic fantastics.

So with the revolver, what's not to love!
    Name:  642.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  46.5 KB
    Name:  G43-vs-G42.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  148.7 KB

Regards,
    Gearchecker
    Well said, Gregory..................................
    jeepnut, Diabloman and hogg like this.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.

Member #
    Liked
    9999 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    The part of your question I don't understand is how could you have only 6 revolvers in a span of 5 years, seems like you need to step it up.��
    I squandered my half money on a half dozen bottom feeders and a couple rifles during the first half of that time span, then the enablers got me hooked. Some time in the next few months I plan to add a 617 to the revolver side of the collection

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11823 times
    Revolvers are effective, refined well developed mechanisms. What's not to like?
    jeepnut, WendyZXZ, wirenut and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Fantastic! All of my revolvers are at least three decades old... except for one, which is only ten years old.

The more wheelies, the better!

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    When Tupperware guns age, they turn in to garbage. When steel guns age, they have character and history

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19671 times
    I think there is a revival. I have seen it partially from new shooters who like the idea of having something that is different from the plastic you see everywhere even if they do or plan on getting one themselves. They also like the idea of the revolver as a simple point and shoot weapon with no need to worry about the safety or fumbling with any control during a state of stress in a shooting while having a single action trigger pull on the range for more precision work before moving on to double action drills.
    Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links