Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: What's Going on Here?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9712 times
    I just like em. Brings back the Saturday matinee memories.

Member #
    Liked
    5756 times
    I like the simplicity of revolvers especially single actions. Name:  DSCN0533.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  168.0 KBName:  DSCN0608.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  127.3 KB

Member #
    Liked
    7320 times
    I think I like this kind of revival. A few custom gunnies are doing conversions on GP-100's so I imagine the Manufacturers are getting back on the "Band Wagon"! Cool! Now does anybody know where a money tree grows?
    Oldgungeezer, savage170 and hogg like this.
    Shoot straight, Pardner!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    East Valley, east of Phoenix, AZ. and Sometimes, New Mexico
    Liked
    19466 times
    I dislike the idea of a revolver "Revival". I want everyone else in the world to covet plastic bottom feeders and leave all the wheelies for ME (Oh okay, and my friends here on the forum too)...................
    Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.

Member #
    Liked
    7195 times
    I guess the 'plastic semi-auto' was made for LEO and Military government contracts, when that market was hot. Now that it has cooled............they now want us diehard revolver fans to take up the slack. I don't know about the rest of you.........but when they put in MIM parts and the IL.........that turned me off to the newer Smith revolvers. I'll stick with my 35 year old classics, and they are getting hard to find around here. Sorry S&W.......you abandoned us revolver guys back in 1998, to get military contracts. It's too late to get me interested again! Bob
    19and41 and Injunbro like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2531 times
    I find it hard to beat a J frame air weight loaded with 5 148g dewc, and am glad to see the revolver revival, it tells me people are thinking about what works instead of whats in fashion
    Hogg
    19and41 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2924 times
    Basically marketing for Market Share. Make something different and attract customers. There is not going to be a general resurgence of revolvers in the market place. Its going to be niche marketing for the average profiled market segment. The sock drawer contingent, something simplistic for personnel protection with out the complexity of the semiautomatic pistol. Colt hasn't expanded beyond their basic product the 1911 series pistol thus they bring back a segment of their revolver line.

Member #
    Liked
    6566 times

Revival, yes.

Name:  642.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  100.5 KBName:  38s.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  2.93 MB Yes there were always some of us who kept the faith, the seed corn of this movement. With the liberalization of carry laws, females embracing firearms ownership in greater numbers, greater historical data on actual gunfights and the physical limitations of some shooters along with sage advice given, have all fueled the demand for revolvers. As demand increases so does supply. Life is good.

Collectables I believe are another matter. The supply is not limitless and as the economy has improved the demand has driven up prices. Buyers have adjusted their sights toward the abused, the altered, and more common models. The rise in prices of some models over the past half dozen years amazes me.

Member #
    Liked
    3603 times
    Personally , I got in touch with my inner self and had an epiphany . I discovered revolvers have an aura and a soul. Hold one for a while , you will see.
    Auto pistols are like Democrats, they kinda have a purpose but their mostly hollow inside.
    OOoommmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by needsmostuff; 01-12-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    306 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sp327 View Post
    When Tupperware guns age, they turn in to garbage. When steel guns age, they have character and history
    I have many of both, but disagree with your opinion about Tupperware,and agree with your opinion about steel guns...Just my opinion.
    Waidmann likes this.
    #L1C4

Semper Fi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links