+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump .22

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Pump .22

How many folks out there have shot any of the pump .22 rifles? I have only seen a couple of them for sale and the prices seem to be pretty high. I will be interested in finding out how folks like them. My preferences would be for a Remington or Winchester. Shop owners in these parts see them only on occasion. Thanks for the information.

Stinger

Member #
    Liked
    13113 times

Re: Pump .22

Theres one for sale in The Gun Trader Shop in Wickenburg, AZ right now. They're pretty rare. I've shot a couple of the Winchesters & they were accurate enough but not my cup of tea. I think Taurus made a copy & still makes it in .45 & .357.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    305 times

I have two "hammerless" models that have been in the family since they were new - a Remington M-12A (1924), and a Marlin M-38 (1920). Nearly every manufacturer made a pump .22 - all are pretty slick and with experience can be made to fire faster than a semi-auto. The Remington is slightly superior to the Marlin - both have the quick take-down feature for transport.

Picture of the Marlin - can't find one of the Rem.

Member #
    Liked
    7798 times

The first .22 I bought my oldest son was a Remington 572 pump. I thought it would slow him down enough (as opposed to a semi-auto) to make him a better shot. I think it worked. Slick rifle, slick action
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    10008 times

I have shot Remington and Winchester pumps, but that was in a different age and world. I shot the model 61 Winchester belonging to our neighbor as a teenager and it was very accurate as I remember. He was very proud of it and invited neighbors over to have competition to see who the best shot was. Now the model 61 sells for four figures, prices ranged from $1200. to $1800, in the site I visited.

I have a copy of the model 62 (with an external hammer) made by Rossi in 22 magnum, although economically priced – I can’t recommend it; neither myself nor my neighbor could get consistent groups with this “particular” Rossi.

However I have seen a very good write up on a USA built Henry pump 22 with an octagon barrel, groups averaged 1.3 inches at 50 yards. I have a Henry lever gun in 357 and it is a quality gun _ You might want to check them out. - Hank

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Sunday was a good day, found a Remington Pump .22, a little rougher than I wanted but the seller and I agreed on a price and the rifle has a new home. I have started to do the clean up. I do need to find out if anyone makes a sling swivel which can attach to the magazine tube of this rifle. I think the forum member will know who sells these items. Thanks for the help with this.

Stinger

Links