Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Have a C&R FFL, and how long did it take?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Deplorable_Jeff 
#1 ·
Feds cashed my C&R FFL application check three weeks ago and haven't seen or heard a thing.

How long did it take to receive yours?

Jeff

#4 ·
ME TOO! Don't know why, but this wait'n thing was a lot easier in my younger days.

#6 ·
At least you're only waiting on a C&R license. That won't take long at all.
For a suppressor I just bought I'm being told it will be 10-12 months before I get my tax stamp, and can take possession of it.
I might have to have it transferred to another FFL dealer out of state by then.

#9 ·
I once sent in my FFL renewal early, and waited and waited. A few days before mine expired, I called the BATFE office and ended up speaking to the one person that handled renewal paperwork.

The applications were placed in batches in piles as they arrived. They were separated by month of expiration, and worked on from the top to bottom of the pile. That means first in for a given month was last out for that given month.

I won't be quite so punctual about renewals in the future...

A couple of days after my call, my renewed license arrived.

Paper Hand Photography Hardwood Wood

The Second Amendment prohibition against infringement didn't say a word about bureaucracy... the gift to Gun Owners that keeps on giving long after the infringing laws are passed...

#12 ·
You and me both brother... But as I'm trapped for the time being here on the left coast, the state & local regs and fees to open a firearms business are too involved and expensive to even consider having an 01-FFL as a hobby. I'm just glad the 03-C&R is still under their radar.

Reactions: gunhacker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.