Smith And Wesson Forums banner

They Say Everyone Should Have at Least One

6K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  SidecarFlip 
#1 ·
At least one of what you ask? A gun that fires the 22 Long Rifle cartridge of course. I was going over my small collection of guns which consists of 13 handguns and 8 long guns when I realized that one third of them are in 22 caliber. The 22 caliber cartridge is one of the oldest rounds still in common usage and is likely manufactured in a higher quantity than any other for civilian usage. My 22 rimfire hand guns include a Browning Buckmark, Ruger SR22, H&R 649 and S&W 617. In long guns I have a Henry H001 a S&W 15-22 and a Winchester model 275 which is 22 magnum. I cant find a picture of the SR22 right now, but here are mine. What 22 rimfires do you all have?
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel
Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Trigger
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Rifle

See less See more
#4 ·
I shoot more .22's than all other calibers combined. A good .22 will accomplish 99% of my shooting needs (pest control, small game hunting, plinking), in fact everything except self-defense & big game hunting. I would have to spend the morning taking pictures but I have: S&W 63-5, 34-1, 317; Browning Challenger; Ruger MKII, MKIV, Savage, 72, Stevens #14, Remington Rolling block & probably couple that slipped my mind.

#7 ·
Ruger 22/45 Mark III 22LR Rimfire Pistol With Threaded Barrel

#8 ·
Ruger 10-22 Stainless Steel Barrel

#9 ·
I bought My Father in Law a 22 Rough Rider... Brought the British cowboy out of him :) of course he cant take it home..and besides I havnt shot it yet :)

thewelsm

#10 ·

#11 ·

#12 ·

#13 ·
S&W Model 2213

#14 ·
Magtech 7022

#15 ·
Re: OP. Yep! Everyone should have one. They are like Lays Potato Chips ... about impossible to have just one! My number one most used and enjoyed handgun is my 18-3. If I had to give up all but one, it'd be the one! I have a Marvel 1911 conversion that I thoroughly enjoy shooting using my RIA 1911 frame. Accuracy is everything one would expect! I have a little Ruger 77-22 that my wife bought for me the year it was introduced. Only God would know how many thousands of rounds of ammunition have been poured through that rifle. One day accompanied by a couple of peanut butter sandwiches and a couple of canned Cokes ... I eliminated some turtles for a church member. Fired several hundred rounds of ammo. Ate the sandwiches and drank the Cokes. A few days later he called up and told me drain to the pond was clogged with dead turtles. Accurate little rifle! Earlier this year my younger brother was going to let his Winchester 9422 go in a trade for a G-19. I bought him a G-19 and put a S&W 15-22 with it and he gave me the 9422. He is very pleased. He and his wife needed the G-19 for the house. He and his son really like the 15-22. I am thankful to have kept the 9422 in the family. Shortly after my grandson was born, I gave my daughter and son-in-law a Colt SAA .22 LR Nevada centennial revolver. They will give it to him when they decide he is old enough to begin using firearms. I intend for him to have the Winchester 9422... and the S&W 18-3. There will be others, but these will be a start. Sincerely. bruce.

#16 ·
Cobra Derringer Combo Single Action Pistol .22LR & .22 Magnum

#17 ·
S&W K-22 Masterpiece, 4 inch and 6 inch

#18 ·
I agree about the .22 LR, everybody should have at least one, they are the most fun firearms to shoot because even without hearing protection(although recommended) without worrying about blowing out your ears and no risks at all about the recoil. They are also be way to brush up on marksmanship or to introduce new people to shooting without intimidating a person. I always cringe when I see or know of someone handing a new shooter especially a woman a .44 Magnum or more powerful and the AH sits back and laughs at the person firing it possibly to be put off of shooting because someone had to pull a stupid prank.

#19 ·
.22 Fun!

Hey Jonesy,

Oh my! A .22 thread!:D

Well, let's see........

Later, Mark

Attachments

#20 ·
Dad put food on the table with a .22lr during The Depression. His own dad was dead and gone. He became the man in the family at an early age. That 22 served the family in time of need. Not the government.

#22 · (Edited)
I shot a model-41 and just had to have one.

I bought this Smith and Wesson holster for my Model-41, made for easy carry on woods walks.

Ground-hogs were pretty sturdy animals, I have seen them hit with a 357 that would roll them over and they'd keep running. I learned that a double tap from a semi-auto 22 pistol or rifle, would short them out. . .It is strange - back then ground-hogs were seen as varmints - Now I see them as cute little critters and couldn't think of shooting one. Now a weasel, that's a different deal, they get into a hen house the weasel goes on a killing frenzy killing every hen, but doesn't eat them; my uncle had that happen to his hens.

#23 ·
M 41

Hey Jonesy,

M -41's (Like TL's) are swell!

Bought this one new, for about $400......;):D

It is hiding behind my "million man hour" Gold Cup, and youngest son's Kimber Target.....:D

Later, Mark

Attachments

#25 ·
Hey Scott,

Your boy has a "Dinger Ringing Grin" a mile wide!

Good on you, taking that young man for a RANGE TRIP! kjdfjemnd

Later, Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.