+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wal-mart ammo

Member #
    Liked
    253 times

Wal-mart ammo

I went to Wal-Mart last night., (I was there the night before, and they had basically NO ammo. So, last night I go back, and their shelves were HALF full of .223/.556, .40, .45. I decided to buy my allotted 3 boxes of .223, and in the 20 minutes it took to find the 1 manager with the key to the ammo cabinet, I started chatting with a cool, younger (19) employee. He told me flat out that... "yeah when the ammo came in, we have 2 employee's here, that always buy a Sh%tload!!".....I KNEW that was the case at Wal-marts. And I always felt that Wal-Mart having ammo, was the key to lowering the insane prices over the past year!

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13003 times
    The Walmart in Post Falls, ID has a nearly full stock of everything except 22LR now. The clerk said they get in 22 ammo a couple times a month and they enforce the 3 box rule too. She also said that they're getting much bigger qty's in nearly every shipment. I was there on Tuesday and they had a full case of CCI mini-mag ammo. She said thay received a couple cases of the CCI ammo and it took a little more than a day for it to be sold off. I was getting a battery and an oil change at that time so we chatted when she had a break between customers.
    I watched as the customers came up one by one and got 2 or 3 boxes each and went away very happy. I didn't pick any up since I don't neeed it. But the customers that did get the ammo all agreed about the limits on it for now. I have more than enough 22 ammo right now so buying more isn't a very high priority. The price was $7.29 for a 100 round box. That's only $.30 higher than normal prices for mini-mag. Things out here are returning to normal slowly. Once 22 ammo is plentiful prices will return close to normal again.

I started chatting with a cool, younger (19) employee. He told me flat out that... "yeah when the ammo came in, we have 2 employee's here, that always buy a Sh%tload!!"
    You ought to see if you can get their names. You need to contact the store manager there and discuss this problem with him. You need to let him know that it's not good business, and that his customers are being cheated. He needs to know that his customers are limited to 3 boxes of each type of ammo, and his own employees aren't working under the same rules. They do listen. You could also call the local TV or newspaper and bring up the problem with them. That'll get the store managers attention very quickly. Walmart as a corporation hates any bad publicity. And they'll stop the problems immediately.

I hate it when employees take advantage of this situation and profit greatly from our pains.

Regards,
    Gregory
    Injunbro, 1av8r and NWDave like this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    1837 times
    Both the "walley worlds" here never have any 22's or hand gun ammo. I suspect the same employee "buyout" The one LGS does have a limited supply of CCI low velocity long rifle lead nose and will only allow a 1 box 100 count per customer @ 8.39 per box. I am buying one a wk. as I need 22's for critter control and just to have some on hand. They do have primers lg. and sm. both pistol and rifle and you can buy what you need of those. I do preffer CCI primers but he usually only has Federal. At tis point I'll take what I can get. OK supply of most rifle and shot gun ammo is available as well at reasonable prices.

Charlie
    Charlie686

" All that is required for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing"

"There is no proper amount of arranging rotten eggs that will make a GOOD omlet" ~ C.S. Lewis

"Don't look within searching for truth...You are confused already"

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    On a whim we swung by Walmart last Friday after dinner out. 4 boxes of mini mag on shelf, so I took my allotted 3. Then proceeded on my way to find the Mrs. in the dessert aisle. The guy from sporting goods was walking briskly behind me & let me know he was on the way back to the warehouse to bring out a 1/2 pallet of assorted ammo. I thanked him, but didn't go back. No ammo can trump a chocolate layer cake when your a reloader. Needless to say things are getting a bit back to normal, but the hunters looking for 270, 30-30, .308 & 30.06 etc. are in for some before season hunting.
    1av8r likes this.
    They can't make obummer king of the new world order until his disarms America
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    Pennsylvania Constitution; article 1 section 21
    Be Blessed, spud.308

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Wal-Mart employees are not supposed to be able to buy more than the 3 box limit and can only do than when off duty. The clerk that puts out the ammo in ours complains because the 22's are always gone by the time she gets off work. She did say there is always a group of people there every day at 6:30 to buy all the 22's. That is why all the ammo is for sale on the internet and gun shows. They get six deliveries a week and never know when ammo will come on the truck. the last batch of 22 short lasted three days and sometimes standard velocity will last till noon.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6258 times
    All 3 of our local Wally Worlds have been very good with ammo supplies...except for 22lr? Cant find that stuff darn near anywheres. Mike
    MIKE 3:16 YOU GOT TWO OPTIONS AMIGO, SLIM AND NONE!

Member #
    Liked
    7832 times
    I was surprised yesterday to see Federal 150 round boxes of 5.56 priced at $69.99. I didn't buy any but thinkin' now I should have. They has a few 100 round plastic thingys of CCI 22 LR but I left them there too.
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    3191 times
    Within a 50 mile radius......I can hit about 6 Wally Worlds. Somebodie's got to have sumthin'. Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popscleveland View Post
    I went to Wal-Mart last night., (I was there the night before, and they had basically NO ammo. So, last night I go back, and their shelves were HALF full of .223/.556, .40, .45. I decided to buy my allotted 3 boxes of .223, and in the 20 minutes it took to find the 1 manager with the key to the ammo cabinet, I started chatting with a cool, younger (19) employee. He told me flat out that... "yeah when the ammo came in, we have 2 employee's here, that always buy a Sh%tload!!".....I KNEW that was the case at Wal-marts. And I always felt that Wal-Mart having ammo, was the key to lowering the insane prices over the past year!
    I think the same thing is happening at the local store near me too. They never seem to have ammo, even though they say the get it in all the time. BS.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3733 times
    .22 mag at one area W-M was the only non high power rifle ammo caliber I have seen recently.

Links