+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    East Valley, east of Phoenix, AZ. and Sometimes, New Mexico
    Liked
    3650 times

What's it worth? Full Box 32 Short RF

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question/subject.......sorry, if I've put it in the wrong place.

I was digging around in my magazine cabinet and came across some old and interesting stuff. For example, I've been storing this full box of old Remington KleanBore 32 Short Rim Fire ammo for at least 40 years.

Does anybody have any idea of it's worth?

Name:  IM005277.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  92.5 KB Name:  IM005278.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  93.3 KB Name:  IM005279.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  94.3 KB

If it's got any real value, I'll probably trade it off (I don't foresee acquiring a firearm in 32 RF anytime soon).

As always, any insight/advise is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Geezer
    If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged?

Member #
    Liked
    2770 times
    Check Gunbroker for asking/selling prices. Got to be worth a few bucks. I haven't seen any in decades.

Member #
    Liked
    4717 times
    Geez, I had a box 3 years ago (reproduced in Brazil about 25 yrs. ago), and sold it to a ctg. collector for 50 bucks. I would imagine a box of Remington would go for more. Some guys collect the boxes, (full or empty), and some buy just a round for their ctg. collections. I'd say check the price (per round) on the web and deal accordingly. A good gun show or the web might be your best bet. They aren't gold, but they're getting about as scarce. Definately great trading material as well. Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    I was waiting to hear the ball park prices in this thread. I've got a red box of Remington-UMC .32 Short RF (black powder) with 18 rounds in it.

Member #
    Liked
    2770 times
    PLEASE let us know what they sell for. Orphan rounds are expensive, That is the EXACT reason I don't buy anything in 9mm Federal, .41 Action Express, and I think the .45GAP, and 10mm will soon join the 'orphans.'

Member #
    Liked
    607 times
    i apologize for being a month late to the party! i don't get on the 'puter much this time of year. 32 rf is hard to find! it is pretty easy to find stevens favorites and other old single shots chambered for it, but the ammo supply is just about dried up! old westerm scrounger offered some repro stuff a few years ago for 50.00 a box (of 50), but it is long gone. a local pawn shop has a box of old original stuff about like yours for 95.00. i'd say that is about the current value, in the real world. i probably wouldn't shoot up the old stuff, but it is neat to have a box of period-correct fodder for your old guns!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3650 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15ed View Post
    i apologize for being a month late to the party! i don't get on the 'puter much this time of year. 32 rf is hard to find! it is pretty easy to find stevens favorites and other old single shots chambered for it, but the ammo supply is just about dried up! old westerm scrounger offered some repro stuff a few years ago for 50.00 a box (of 50), but it is long gone. a local pawn shop has a box of old original stuff about like yours for 95.00. i'd say that is about the current value, in the real world. i probably wouldn't shoot up the old stuff, but it is neat to have a box of period-correct fodder for your old guns!
    Thank You ar15ed....................

Best Regards,

Geezer
    If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged?

Member #
    Liked
    1407 times
    I had a full box of .32 RF of the same vintage in a better condition box not that long ago I got for $25 at a gun show. .32 RF is not that desirable and many people really don't do anything with them. There were also alot of guns to shoot it, not just the handguns. Stevens, Remington, Hopkins and Allen all made .32 rifles in it including the occasional and seldom seen Marlin lever.
    "No people in the world ever did achieve their freedom by goody-goody talk and moral suasion: it being immutable law that all revolutions that will succeed must being in blood, whatever may answer afterward."
    Mark Twain

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Thanks ar15ed. I "karma" offed my .32 RF shorts to a friend of a cousin at Hillsville gun show. Only stipulation was that he do someone else a good turn. I did manage to find one more .32 short and two .32 long RF's while browsing junk boxes at the show. Cost me a whole dollar for those three rounds!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3650 times
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lapell View Post
    I had a full box of .32 RF of the same vintage in a better condition box not that long ago I got for $25 at a gun show. .32 RF is not that desirable and many people really don't do anything with them. There were also alot of guns to shoot it, not just the handguns. Stevens, Remington, Hopkins and Allen all made .32 rifles in it including the occasional and seldom seen Marlin lever.
    Hi David:

I haven't run into a Marlin in 32 RF..............

Regards,

Geezer

Links